Core wiring for SID

rEApZ

Hey guys,

Just putting together my MIDIBox SID after having it half completed in a box cos I had a bit of brain surgery which slowed me down for a few years. So I've got a core r3a that I got from SmashTV and 2 sid modules I'm not actually getting any test tone but I was wondering if the smashtv r3a module needed the wiring on the underside of the PCB?

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear you are better, and up for some MIDIboxing :)

I am not sure what the R3A version of the Core Module looks like, and what wiring you refer to, but an important modification that needs to be done for the MBSID_V2 is the resistor and diode for the CAN bus. It's showed here http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_sid/mbsid_v2_communication.pdf

It sounds like you are planning a Stereo SID, so you need to have a look at this as well .http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_8xsid_c64_psu_optimized.pdf

Not for the PSU or the Multicore, but for the connections to the Left and Right SID modules.

Hope that helps. Good luck, and feel free to ask if you get stuck, I'll try to help.

Where are you located?

Cheers, Hal

Hey guys,

Thanks alot for your help! I'm located in Australia. I actually found my PCB for Wilba's 6582 design so I have been busy working on that.

I have it all up and running now but trying to work on the control surface, I really wish I had bought the MB-6582 CS PCB when it was available. Do you know if anyone would have any of these? 

Thanks again!

Steve