Chord handling in the SEQ V4 - a suggestion

EsotericLabs

Hello guys,

I was thinking about the chord handling in the SEQ V4. and have some suggestions for a future version (or for the v4plus).  Currently we need a root note track (into a bus) and a chord track (being transposed from the bus) in order to properly play a chord progressions.   But we also have multiple parameter layers in many track types, one of which is 'note' and another one of which is 'chord'.    

We do have 256 step/ 4 parameter / 8 trigger  and 128/8/8 chord track already, but are there use cases for the additional parameter layers?  Now suppose the note in parameter layer A would transpose the chord in parameter layer B (layers C and D could still hold velocity and length info).  Maybe then even parameter layer E could hold arpeggiator information, so that everything would be on one track!   We would have a great overview editing such tracks in layer view. I  guess not many people make longer-than-256-position chords progressions. 

I gave it a try of course, set up a 256/4/8 chord track, changed par A to note par B to chord, but then it plays both the note and the chord with root C.   Maybe if there is another parameter type 'root'  that feeds the chord type? I don't know the implications of such change for the software architecture, and if it is possible at all, but I think this approach might simplify the chords handling in the SEQ V4.

'll be happy to hear your ideas about my suggestions, whether it makes sense, whether it is possible at all etc.

Edited by EsotericLabs

• 2 weeks later...