Ooops. I think I fried my Seq

mongrol

I've been moving my battlestation back into my Cave this weekend after it was vacated by a "visitor". Unfortunately in my rush I plugged my SEQv4 into a 7.5v supply which I use to power the majority of my kit. Every light came on with no display. After realising my error and going back to the proper 5v supply I have the same result. Every LED on the CS lights up, no display or response otherwise.

Have I fried my Disco board?

So my new DISCO arrived today and it does the same thing. Disconnected everything (OLED, MIDIIO, CS) and left it on the Core board and the same. No response from it. Remove Disco from the Core and it appears correctly in MIOS Studio. It appears a component on my Core board is fried. Time to follow the schematics. :)

Muha! Language is a beautiful thing.

The new discovery board I received was a MB997D. I was going down the Core page verifying my build when I noticed there was a firmware update to make the new model D run from USB. Downloaded from ST.com, flashed and it works!

TK: On the core page it states the new firmware is untested. This isn't true now. :)

Now to put this bloody orange box back together for the LAST time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, so all the buttons work, both Oled's still light up correctly but I get about 2/3's of the CS led's permanently lit. I've updated the hw cfg file to match the firmware and tried all permutations of 5v/3v/ext/usb/oled's disconnect etc so I'm sure it's not a wavering voltage issue.