How do you use your SD card?

latigid on

How do you use your SD card?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What describes your best use of SD card memory for SEQ (or other MIDIboxes)?

• I have mine soldered in
    • I have a slot available (e.g. on the rear panel), but always keep the card in
    • I sometimes remove the card if I need it for other purposes
    • I have multiple workflows/usecases of which I use different SD cards for different sessions/bands etc.

Same here, for me it is very useful to be able to quickly remove the cards and e.g. swap them between my two MBSEQs to exchange data without the need of a computer, but also for the mbloopa (yes, still in use :-)), where one can extract the saved MIDI tracks. Also, i prefer the backup procedure to put SD cards into a card reader and perform a full partition backup to using the file explorer in MIOS Studio (which is great, but not ideal for that usecase).

Of course, all would also be possible also with inaccessible SD-cards using a computer, but I actually moved the windows machine away lately, as i don't use it anymore (at the moment) - dawless fun :-).

Many greets!
Peter