popping in and out of live recording

lobit

Im on 090 wilba.  I tried to update to 091, but I only got as far as installing mios, then I kinda got lost.

so now if I want to access the hardware setup file to change the buttons I can do it from the panel of the midibox? or do I have to do it from the MIOS application?  

sorry for the noob questions.  

Does anyone else find the F3 button seems to randomly switch back to step mode? I set the recording to Live, do some stuff then at some indeterminate time in teh future the recording mode has changed back to Step meaning I need to go back into Jam and set it back to Live. Bug or userClueError?

fixed..  all good

but now.. back to the original question..  it has version .091 in there now.. the F3 button should be defaulting to toggling rec on and off.  but seems to be set to a layer select function.

where/ how do I get to the hardware setup file?  can I put my SD card into my computer and access it from there?   or do I have to do the file editing in mios?

Edited by lobit

okay editing in mios..  setting up function buttons..   I setup live forwarding as a function button and it also seems to act as a cycle erase when I press a key while its cycling though..

handy!  is it supposed to do this?

is there a dedicated cycle erase function that will erase with just a button?

Edited by lobit

In the zip that you downloaded, there's a folder called hwcfg, which in turn has three subfolders: standard_v4, tk, and wilba. If you have the Wilba frontpanel, you should use the MBSEQ_HW.V4 file from the the wilba folder. In that hwcfg file, F3 is set to REC on/off by default. If you're using the hwcfg file from the standard_v4 folder, F3 will be set to Trigger Layer Select by default.