midibox crashed trying to update o.s.

lobit

so I installed the mios app and it was connected fine tried to install this file thinking it was part of the os update:  MBHP_CORE_STM32

now the screen is blank and cant get it to connect.

my SD card is not easy to access thats why I tried to use the mios app  instead of accessing the card directly from my laptop. Im guessing this file is not part of the OS after all   aaargh. 

I tried plugging in a midi interface into input 1 and output 1, but still says 'no response from core'    

is the problem with the files on the SD card or have I somehow interrupted the processor? 

what do I do now?

Edited by lobit

Try this.

Download the midibox_seq_v4_091.zip file from the download page, unless you have already done so.

The next step depends on which core you have, LPC17 or STM32F4 (see the links for what they look like). I'm not sure what the MBHP_CORE_STM32 (without the "F4" in the end) is, it might be the old PIC based core. If it is, you're unlikely to have it. (EDIT: it's an expired predecessor of the LPC17. In any case, you're unlikely to have it.)

In the zip you have downloaded, there's a folder for MBHP_CORE_LPC17 and for MBHP_CORE_STMF4, and each have a file called project.hex in them. Choose the the right folder for your core and upload the project.hex in that folder.

Edited by jjonas
correction

the problem is im not getting connection between the mios application and my midibox..   im using an maudio midi interface plugged into the in1 and out1 ports but its not detecting any hardware so it wont let me upload anything.

looks like mine is the STM32F4.. so yes I screwed it up by feeding it the wrong hex file.

do I have to press a button on the core chip or anything like that?

It says 'can't find core'     

Edited by lobit