SammichSID with MIOS v2.044 - no boot after update

tassadar

Hi brains trust

I have had a functioning sammichSID with MIOS 1.9g installed - and have screwed up something when updating it to 2.044.

Previously, MIDI was communicating with the core in MIOS Studio. I then uploaded setup_sammich_sid.hex from midibox_sid_v2_044.zip.  The upload got to 100% successfully (though, I think it said errors were detected, but they were resolved). On resetting, the display now shows nothing, except garbled characters briefly after 2 seconds. I cannot find the core in MIOS Studio anymore!  

How can I resolve this?

• 4 weeks later...

tassadar , i see that you have the version 2.044 , is a stable version ? i have the version 1.9g . can you please tell me the steps to update ?  what software do you use to update ? the mios studio ?  is easy to do ?  thanks you very appreciate a guide

On 14/1/2017 at 8:19 PM, cuca said:

tassadar , i see that you have the version 2.044 , is a stable version ? i have the version 1.9g . can you please tell me the steps to update ?  what software do you use to update ? the mios studio ?  is easy to do ?  thanks you very appreciate a guide

Yes its the most recent stable version.

Upload instrcutions are explained in this post:

On 22.12.2016 at 4:36 AM, tassadar said:

Hi brains trust

I have had a functioning sammichSID with MIOS 1.9g installed - and have screwed up something when updating it to 2.044.

Previously, MIDI was communicating with the core in MIOS Studio. I then uploaded setup_sammich_sid.hex from midibox_sid_v2_044.zip.  The upload got to 100% successfully (though, I think it said errors were detected, but they were resolved). On resetting, the display now shows nothing, except garbled characters briefly after 2 seconds. I cannot find the core in MIOS Studio anymore!  

How can I resolve this?

Hi tassadar,

According to the Changelog you should have updated MIOS first to V1.9h before installing SID V2.044.

This version got an improved rotary encoder handling.
     Please update to MIOS V1.9h before uploading the application, otherwise the improvements
     won't be effective.

If I were you, I would update to MIOS V1.9h and then install SID V2.044 again.