SEQ CS board

chnuk

Hi there

I discovered the midibox seq v4 recently and it deeply catched my interest in making one.

I have been reading and searching a lot on the making of this device (wiki, forum posts,tutorials,etc...),i found the shop with all the part required but some of them are sold out (SEQ CS board).

My question: Is the shop still active by that i mean can i hope for the parts to be avaible again soon ? And if not it there any other options.

Thanks guys

Chnuk

• 1 month later...

There is indeed a great amount of information to assimilate. Some thing are a bit confusing, going back and forth between different pages, blogs and the wiki is quite a task. I keep coming back trying to work my head around where to start, where to get the pcb's and so on.

if anybody can help: i can't  work out if there is a harware diference between the seqV3 and V4? http://www.mikes-elektronikseite.de/mshop_deutsch/index.htm sells seqV3 but the Control surface pcb doesn't seem to be included.

Any hint would be very much appreciated 

cheers

Christian

Anybody is free to build a "V3-like" MB-SEQ using DOUT/DIN modules in serial chains. The Wilba board is a simplification that saves shift registers and wiring by arranging the LEDs/buttons/encoders on a CS, only wiring up in a matrix. There's no real functional difference between the two, just convenience and all-in-one builds are less error-prone. 

V3/V4 is really MIOS8 vs. MIOS32. 

If you want a SEQ you can:

1. Wire up your own front panel
  2. Wait for smashTV boards to be in stock again
  3. Wait for developments on a new SEQ/case (me/Adrian)
  1. Cheapest? Most immediate. Lots of work and probably lots of mistakes
  2. Just wait. Established and good value. No case option
  3. New concept, might be a bit more expensive but an elegant solution. Timeline is six months or so.

13 minutes ago, latigid on said:

Anybody is free to build a "V3-like" MB-SEQ using DOUT/DIN modules in serial chains. The Wilba board is a simplification that saves shift registers and wiring by arranging the LEDs/buttons/encoders on a CS, only wiring up in a matrix. There's no real functional difference between the two, just convenience and all-in-one builds are less error-prone. 

V3/V4 is really MIOS8 vs. MIOS32. 

If you want a SEQ you can:

1. Wire up your own front panel
  2. Wait for smashTV boards to be in stock again
  3. Wait for developments on a new SEQ/case (me/Adrian)
  1. Cheapest? Most immediate. Lots of work and probably lots of mistakes
  2. Just wait. Established and good value. No case option
  3. New concept, might be a bit more expensive but an elegant solution. Timeline is six months or so.

Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye on your development.