default.ngc

Zam

Hi all

Yesterday, after two years designing and "playing" with hardware for midibox NG, I just finally compil my first app... the default midibox_ng_v1

A new world is opened to me and I hope I can "custom" the ng for my fader system, maybe a dedicated app !

Today I try things like reducing SRIO scan and AOUT number, as deactivated unused hw in my design like encoder OSC etc...

Now I have a question regarding the default.ngc file generated by the app when not present at the SDcard, where can I modify this to have my dedicated .ngc automaticaly generated ?

Best

Zam

• 3 months later...

I don't know if you still need help on this and if it even helps what I've found. In app.c of the NG you will find 

// create the default files if they don't exist on SD Card
	  MBNG_FILE_CreateDefaultFiles();
	}

So at least it seems that you can disable the creation of the default file... I haven't tested it yet...

And to load your dedicated ngc.-file you can use an NGR-script and the "load" command. 

Should look something like this:

if ^section == 0
 load xxx
endif

Edited by FantomXR

Hello Fantom

Tks for your reply.

I think I'm aware about what you find at source code IIRC.

The point at the time I look at this is to understand where the default files generated get his definitions,

to generate a default file with my specification.

It's not an major topic now for me, but still interested to understand the (soft) mechanic :)

Best

Zam