AIN module (from old version midibox 64)

mikee

Hi gerald-wert

Thanks for the reply and advice. I had looked at that source but was a little concerned: no images of the boards are offered (at least I couldn't find any). What do you think of the quality compared with, say, Smash Tv products?

Edited by mikee
spelling errors

Smash TV  has better quality but may be newer revision of most of the boards on his site. His stuff has solder mask, through hole plating and silkscreen. Mikes board and components were good quality as well just a more basic PCB. If you look at the Kit section there you should see photos. Sounds like Sparx may have some for you though.

Hi gerald.wert. Thanks for the info it sounds good.

I went to Mike's site, and I was happy with his stuff, but unfortunately he no longer offers the AIN board,

rather, he supplies a later version which requires an analogue to digital converter, it seems to be for a later m-box.

It seems that the world has moved on since I first started with my midibox.

Thanks for the interest all the same mate, it is appreciated.

=============================================

Hi sparx, thanks for the interest and the offer (?). It looks as if you are my last hope before ditching the project.

I live in Wirral U.K. which is a stone's throw from Liverpool.

Please let me know the cost to you.

Regards.

@mikee, don't ditch your project! The AIN boards are dead simple; just four 4051 multiplexer chips and four capacitors. Even with zero electronics knowledge (and I assume you have *some* if you're here, even if it's just "how to solder"), it would be a simple thing to whip up your own AINx4 modules from stripboard or perfboard. Probably cheaper than buying the boards ready-made and having them shipped too.