Change configuration-parameters by MIDI?

FantomXR

Hey guys,

at the moment I try to dive deeper into the code of MIDIbox. One thing that I'd like to know if it's possible to implement a "simple" function, that allows to use a MIDI-Controller to control internal configuration-data f.e. delays of a keybed, break-is-make-function, etc. This would help to take control over the keybed "on the fly" without using the MIOS.

Does anyone has an idea?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris

If the functions you want to change are part of .NGC configuration, you can use event receiver (from external note or CC) that set/select/change bank.

Then your event_x can have different setup depending of selected bank.

Best

Zam

Hi Zam,

I'm not talking about MB_NG only. For me it's more interesting, to have access to the parameters of MB_KB without the editor / computer. So I can not use any EVENTs and BANKs...

I'm not a coder... but for me it doesn't sound that complicated to get control over some (not all) configuration parameters.... :) 

Ok

Do you need continuous parameter access and adjust, or parameter flip ?

I never use keyboard but IIRC MB_KB is MB_NG ?

If configuration flip is enough you can have a load (file) command at .NGR called from receiver (full config including .NGK I think)

But I suspect you want direct continuous control :/

Don't know enough about KB to efficiently help on this.

Best

Zam

I made a bit of process here. I discovered in the changelog of NG, that NG supports to control terminal commands from a DAW via SysEx. So if I create a syx-file and send this to the STM, it works f.e. this stream

F0 00 00 7E 32 00 0D 00 73 65 74 20 64 65 62 75 67 20 6f 6e 0A F7

sets the debug mode on.

Now I try to set up a button in the NGC file that sends this command to the terminal. So I added 0x to every byte and I end up like this:

EVENT_BUTTON id=23 type=SysEx  stream="0xF0 0x00 0x00 0x7E 0x32 0x00 0x0D 0x00 0x73 0x65 0x74 0x20 0x64 0x65 0x62 0x75 0x67 0x20 0x6f 0x6e 0x0A 0xF7" button_mode=toggle

What happens now is, that the terminal prints the command "set debug on" but that's it... its just printing this text without activating this function. So I guess that the NG-firmware somehow filters out the sysex message. I think I need to send this command to "USB0" or "UART0" but those ports aren't available afaik.

Does anybody have a hint on that? I looked into the code but for now I couldn't find the function that I need to disable or to change.

Thanks!

Edited by FantomXR