Can SEQ buttons and encoders be configured to always just send CCs to another device?

borfo

The answer to this doesn't seem to be obvious in the docs, but given how flexible MIOS is, I figured I'd ask.

I'd like to have a few buttons with LED indicators (maybe 8?), as well as an encoder or two attached to my sequencer frontpanel that always serve as a typical midi controller - like, the buttons and encoder would send CCs to another device via midi, and the buttons would have LEDs that could be lit by the connected device as indicators.  I could build an arduino thing for this, or an NG.  But since my needs here are pretty modest, and my SEQ is right there and already connected to everything I'd ever need to control, I'm wondering if the SEQ could support having a few extra buttons/leds/encoders attached that would function as a dedicated midi controller...  Not really a mixer map type thing, sort of a minimal NG, but I wouldn't need any banking or anything - these buttons could always send/respond to the same CC, out the same port, no matter what the SEQ was doing.

Would this be possible?  How?

Edited by borfo