Troubleshooting new MB 6582 build [SOLVED] [DUH]

borfo

After leaving the boards sitting unfinished for a couple of years, I've finally finished my MB_6582 build, with a classy case made of popsicle sticks and a Cohiba cigar box.  Pairs of 6581 SIDs are installed in 1 and 3.

Things seem to be relatively ok, but I'm at the "power on" stage, and all I'm getting on the LCD is the bootup sequence, showing the MIOS version installed, and then just "READY."  The control surface LEDs flash briefly when power is turned on, then nothing, and turning the encoders/pressing buttons doesn't do anything.  Now, a careful builder at this stage would go through the build instructions carefully and see if they've missed anything, but I am lazy, and would rather have someone else tell me "Hey, you idiot, you forgot the jumper at Jwhatever" or something.  (I'm actually going through the instructions now, but figured I'd also post here and see if someone points out some obvious thing I missed.)

Is there a limit to the length of the cables joining the base to the CS pcb?  I'm temporarily using some breadboard cables I had lying around - once I get this debugged, I'll make custom cables, but thought I'd use these for now.  They're about 20cm.

Photos attached.

IMG_20170523_210237 (1).jpg

IMG_20170523_210229.jpg

IMG_20170523_210152.jpg

main.jpg

Edited by borfo

Note for anyone it might help in the future: I had some control surface LED and button issues - glitchy buttons not activating what they are supposed to activate, LEDs not lighting, etc.  Turned out to be the length of the cables between the control surface and the base PCB (was about 20cm).  I made shorter cables, about 10cm, and the LED/button issues disappeared.

Edited by borfo