USB Host Mode: Steps get randomly selected and overwritten in Live Recording mode

u-link

So I got a little Arturia Minilab MK2 keyboard and a USB OTG cable as a nice compact realtime recording device (2 octaves minikeys, 2 banks of 8 backlit drumpads, 26 encoders, less than 100 bucks). After a while, especially when playing the keyboard, something goes awry and the sequencer starts to randomly select steps and overwrite their content. It stops when I go out of realtime recording, but starts again as soon as I drop into record again. Anybody has experienced something similar and maybe found a solution? The only other class compliant device I had to hand was a Beatstep, the same thing happened, too.

Thanks a lot for your help! If it would work reliably, it would be an awesome combination!

Edited by u-link

Does it also happen, if you use your computer, e.g. using MIDI-OX as a translation device (thus avoiding USB OTG):

Minilab -> USB Computer -> MIDI-OX -> USB MIDI Out -> SEQ MIDI In ?

If it also happens using this method (stream forwarding in MIDI-OX), you could eliminate USB OTG causing the problem. If it does happen using MIDI-OX, you could also log the MIDI stream and find out what packets are being sent to the MBSEQ.

Test this first, i suspect though, that it works out fine this way and that the problem might be somewhere in the USB OTG implementation, or that some strange condition arising like hitting a memory limit or dropping a packet causes it. Do you use the newest SEQ version and a STM32F4 (more RAM available)?

Many greets,
Peter

Hi Peter,

thanks for your suggestion, I will try that! Yes,  STM32F4 and 0.92 firmware. 

It might also be some issue with the Minilab, yesterday I kinda bumped it a bit and then one of the pads seemed to be sending the note of another pad!