Time for my next MB

Johey

I can't believe it's five years since I built my MB6582. Wow! That means it is just about time for the next Midibox project. This time it will be the SEQ v4.

Have had a long discussion with julianf about panel customization. Have ordered the PCB's from Modularaddict and OLED displays from some Polish store I currently cannot remember the name of. As I cannot really find a case I like, I'll try to make my own out of wood. Next up I guess will be an order from Mouser.

Happy times! This will be fun. :D

19 hours ago, Smithy said:

Hi johey!
Any chance you could post a link to the polish site you bought the OLED's from? 
Hoping they have some green on black in stock!

https://www.unisystem.pl/en/products/oled/character.html?characters_x_rows=1029

No green ones, unfortunately. One yellow left in stock, after I bought two. White is listed but not in stock. I have received them already, but it will probably take a while before I can try them.

On 9/2/2017 at 4:55 PM, latigid on said:

@Smithy, if you're thinking of a SEQ V4+ build, I'd hold off. Often the cheaper OLEDs are about 5mm taller, and I think we need that for the V4+. For colours, the best approach is to use a white one and put a plastic sheet (gel) in front of it.

Totally forgot you suggested this at the meetup. Cheers!

On 2/9/2017 at 4:55 PM, latigid on said:

@Smithy, if you're thinking of a SEQ V4+ build, I'd hold off. Often the cheaper OLEDs are about 5mm taller, and I think we need that for the V4+. For colours, the best approach is to use a white one and put a plastic sheet (gel) in front of it.

Do you know off hand what maximum height the oleds need to be?

both the ones Peter and Johey linked are 9.3mm high.