JAM mode record CC "filter sweeps"

eptheca

SEQ V4 (STM32F4) 092

I have an AOUT_NG connected to my sequencer that I use to modulate some filters.

On one track I have a 128 step CC event with 8 CC layers, one for each CV out.

If I understand it correctly, the LFO effect can only work on one CC layer/number, so I have to have CC values for each step in each CC layer to modulate all 8 CV out at the same time.

In JAM mode I can record CC in as long as the layers are "free", but when I clear a track to record it again, all the CC values resets to nothing, in stead of 0, and I can't record again.

To reset it I have to go to event, change to another, initialize, then change back and initialize.

Is it a better way to do this?

Is it possible to only clear/reset a layer, not the whole track?

Is it possible to "protect" a layer when you record on the other layers?

Or if anyone have another/better way to achieve the same :)

Cheers, Hal

In JAM mode I can record CC in as long as the layers are "free"

And you can overdub the recordings.
The initial recording will just define the CC number if it was set to "off" before.

Is it a better way to do this?

You could change the CC number to >127 until it shows "off"

But if you mean the values: I just press the "ALL" button and change the value to >127, so that it shows "---"
Intuitive and sufficient (easy to remember, no special key combination or hidden menu option, no need to introduce protections, etc)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 2 months later...

Actually, I can't get it to work, or maybe I don't understand how it works.

I want to record different MIDI CC values to 8 different layers in a CC track.

When I initialize the track, all the steps are set to value 0.

I use the Jam Live Mode, and when I run the sequencer, all the steps go "----"

I twist the knob and send CC values from my controller, and the values are forwarded to the synth, but they are over written with "----"

Pressing clear, clears the whole track.

Also I can't work out the All Button.

From what I understand it is 3 functions, All values, Relative values and Value ramp.

It is not clear to how they work, because pressing and holding and just pressing does different things at different times.

Cheers, Hal

• 1 month later...

I think you might have to setup the CC number you want to record ahead of time.  I don’t think it can learn and assign the cc number. I could be wrong because I’m pretty new to the sequencer.  Just a thought in case you didn’t try it already.

Also, you should just press the all button to toggle it on and then turn any of the knobs.  All of the step lights should be flashing showing that you are editing all steps.

Edited by Airyck