LPCXpresso ide

midiwanted

did you try this:

If his guidance on the rev D doesn't help, you could PM him. at least he managed it.

Edit: Oh, I just checked again at myself: I had actually successfully flashed a Rev D1 via the IDE 8.2.2 in the past. I can't remember any unusual things now.

Edited by Rio

Ok, i have found my rev.D1 board again and plugged it in. It's using CMSIS DAP linker too.

Yes, it is also not found (with closed jumper). So something is still fishy. Have you ever tried to load the host drivers from nxp:

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/lpc-microcontroller-utilities/lpcxpresso-board-for-lpc1769-with-cmsis-dap-probe:OM13085

at the bottom:

Host Device Drivers  ( 1 )

- Firmware and drivers for LPC11U35 debug probes

I think that's for it ..

Edited by Rio

Just now, Rio said:

Ok, i have found my rev.D1 board again and plugged it in. It's using CMSIS DAP linker too.

Yes, it is also not found (with closed jumper). So something is still fishy. Have you ever tried to load the drivers from nxp:

https://www.nxp.com/design/microcontrollers-developer-resources/lpc-microcontroller-utilities/lpcxpresso-board-for-lpc1769-with-cmsis-dap-probe:OM13085

at the bottom:

Host Device Drivers  ( 1 )

- Firmware and drivers for LPC11U35 debug probes

I've just done so, same result :-(

In the IDE console I have

[Started server]
[Connected on port 3025]
redlink>ProbeList
No probes found

Just now, Rio said:

The board is different, I cannot get the disk to mount.

there are 3 more links at the bottom by ZhangJennie, about that post about 1769 rev.D problems, referred to:

MBED serial driver

- probe firmware

- Can't find debug Probe ticket..

I know the picture you posted/shown is related to a lpc8xx but I think it uses the same probe (CMSIS-DAP).

BTW: You have to think of it this way: there are two boards - on the one hand it is the debug / linker probe and on the other hand the LPC1769 board - both are connected. If the jumper is set, the probe has priority.

Edited by Rio

ok i tried the same steps that you mentioned. And I come to the same conclusion that it does not work under win10 as you described (with me, however, no drivers are shown in the device manager). I don't quite get it - I'm (actually) sure I got it installed in the past - but that was a win7. But when I try to install it in Win7 it doesn't work either. When installing the mbed driver, the same error message appears. it is really crap right now ... maybe gerald.wert has an idea, he also successfully connected it, just didn't write how.

Edited by Rio

ok, i have now tested a different usb cable (the cable is short and thicker - it looks more stable). Everything works now (also with win7 and win10). The jumper must be removed, otherwise the linker will not work. no mbed driver needed or anything else...it worked for me without installing anything or without updating the firmware now. but i'm not sure if i ever installed the mbed stuff before i was switching to win10 - that was 2 years ago, but I don’t think so, because I restore a untouched/clean OS once a year.

1.PNG.f88e439122c473815ff249ffde549e4f.PNG

2.PNG.28a7f27e5c632f260538f27430475f0a.PNG

1.PNG.38f98a19dc71a45d0c59d03af624736b.PNG

so either you actually don't have a really good short cable at hand, or you have an old firmware on the probe.

check out:

1. better cable

2. update linker/probe firmware

have a look here:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPCXpresso-IDE/LPCXpresso-LPC1769-OM13085-Can-t-find-debug-Probe/td-p/736413

so, therefore you can hold 'reset' button on board or solder a bridge on JP4. I just did the solder solution. that's working. so you get into the ISP mode and you can copy the newer not mbed-based firmware for the linker board (LPC11U35 debug probe) again. I didn't do that now, because my board already works, but it should work as described here.

That year we introduced a new version of the firmware that was not based on mbed...

Edited by Rio

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

It's been a while, I've had health issues, spent time in hospital and so on, but I'm back, just trying the same thing again, I did manage to find a short cable but not thick, same result, also tried to lower the speed, same result.

Could someone provide a link to buy a cable that works for you on amazon?

Otherwise, could I ship my unit to someone who could try to flash it for me(I'm in France BTW)?

Thx!!!

• 5 months later...
On 9/27/2017 at 7:47 AM, midiwanted said:

I joined the screenshots I take if it could help anyone

thanks for your help

mios32_bootloader with LPCXpresso_8.2.2.pdf

Thank you very much!!! I did this years ago, multiple times. Now a friend asked for help with his LPC1769 but I didn't succeed anymore, until I found your post! Merci bien!

On 8/11/2021 at 9:52 AM, Number 6 said:

Hi Guys,

It's been a while, I've had health issues, spent time in hospital and so on, but I'm back, just trying the same thing again, I did manage to find a short cable but not thick, same result, also tried to lower the speed, same result.

Could someone provide a link to buy a cable that works for you on amazon?

Otherwise, could I ship my unit to someone who could try to flash it for me(I'm in France BTW)?

Thx!!!

Hi,

there might be something wrong with your board. I tried it several times with my different 1769 board revisions - a,b, d - all with success. 
So you can check your board for bad solder points and/or the debugger/link interconnection.. maybe you missed something.

Edited by Rio