20 x 4 LCD?

d2k

Yes, they have very cool displays!

I think it will work, there was someone on the dutch section of this forum who drew attention to these displays and apparently they have the right controller onboard. All the right pins are there methinks... but maybe someone else can confirm?

The only thing is you will have an unused area on the right of the screen, as only 16 chars will be used, but 4 rows are supported by the firmware...

Currently I'm rewriting the different display pages of MB64 since some more memory is available after I removed the sequencer and motorfader parts.

So, if anybody has a good idea for an usefull layout for 2x40 displays (which additional informations should be displayed?), just let me know.

At the moment the layout is similar to the MB16E

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox16e_tutorial_en.html (Display Submenu)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

So, if anybody has a good idea for an usefull layout for 2x40 displays (which additional informations should be displayed?), just let me know.

hi thorsten,

[which additional informations should be displayed?]:

in my view it would be very useful to have a free assignable "Name" for each BankStickBank on the display!  :)

best regards,

lemonhorse

Well, I was the guy who drew attention to these LCD's in the Dutch subforum and I can confirm they have a HD44780 controller or fully compatible. I've just seen the blue one at work today in somebody's pc.