Connecting Analog Outs to Modular safely

bemerritt

Is there any precautions that one should take when connecting the analog outs to a modular setup?

I will eventually add line drivers and most likely a euro panel once I get ahold of some boards, but in the mean time, is there anything special i should do to connect the two. The plan right now is to just connect the pins to a breadboard that has some jacks on it, and connect them all to the ground for that jumper as well. 

I noticed a while back that the boards for euro have more to them, but i presume this is for protection of the circuit incase you plug an output in.

Any insight greatly appreciated!

The AOUT boards have an op amp with no output resistor. Every time you plug into a socket, the tip shorts to 0V. But TL074s are fine with this (they do heat up though!).

Some people will say the the typical output resistor isn't needed anyway and it leads to pitch errors. There are also fancier output schemes with the limiting resistor in the feedback loop.