AIN Board for CV to Midi Interfacing

AM

Hello there! 

I want to build the Seq v4+ with the new frontpanel when it´s ready to go. I´m kind of an analog guy who sometimes even plays in Clubs. The Midicontroller allways was the bottleneck. My PC and the Beatstep allways let me down on one or the other part so i had a look around and found you guys! Great work by this community and TK! 

Either i build a Seq v4+ or go for the Cirklon... well I go for the Seq ofcourse.

The thing is this. I want to record CV as well. So if I´m jamming in the Studio and my clock modulators or anything else spits out something wicked, I would love to record it in Midi. Didn´t find a AIN Board anywhere. Is there no need? Or is there any other obstacle in the way of my Seq becoming my center of everything?

with best regards AM

At the moment there is no AIN available nor planned for the SEQ. With a bit of programming it could work, but in the realms of what's already possible, the 16*16+X BLM can scan in four slider pots and there are still 4 AINs remaining. So there's a case for an updated BLM with a few CV inputs (+scaling/protecting circuitry).

In my Quad I2C version, there are 4 AINs connected per PIC (16 total). It's a bit hard to find, but I think there is provision within the I2C protocol to enable AIN pins and send those as part of the data packet. The I2C stream would then need interpretation on the STM32 side.

All of these tasks polling an AIN take a degree of run time. It's probably best to convert with another specific piece of hardware, be it MBCV or NG, or even a dedicated module. Once in CC message form it's easy for the SEQ to interpret. 

What particular parameters of the SEQ do you want to control with CV?

I found some DIY trigger to midi modules on modulargrid and i am still searching for some CV converters. Actually i want to record some kind of stepped events so i can jam and later put it into studio workflow. also some cv for accent and recording some wild modulate pitches from my ssg module from serge :) sometimes there are bits and pieces i would love to integrate into my control.