Set and control an element:ID based on the received value?

FantomXR

Hey people,

it's me again! ;-) Since @Zam helped me solving a problem, I have another one.
My setup is a keyboard and some RGBLEDs. If I now press C3 I'd like the corresponding RGBLED to light up. Of course I could do this by entering tons of receivers and senders but I'm looking for a smarter solution. 

I tried several things. The most promising was, that I'm able to convert the pressed key into another command f.e. if I press C3, NG outputs CC60, if I press B2, it outputs CC59, and so on. 

What I'm looking for is kind of this (which is not working at the moment but it makes it more clear):

EVENT_RECEIVER id=1001 type=NoteOn key=any use_key_number=1 fwd_id=RGBLED:^value

The last command is not supported in NGC. In NGR there is a ^value-command, but I can not use it for this purpose. 

Any idea how to do that?

Thanks!

Best,
Chris

I'm here :happy:

I never used use_key_number flag, but I think it's exactly for this kind of purpose

You can't define ^value for the fwd_id.

By default it forward the receiver value (or note n° in your case) or a fixed value if you add it to the definition (then it act more like a trigger)

Here it seems you miss the id of the fwd_id=rgbled:id(:optional fixed value)

Hope this help again.

Best

Zam

Edited by Zam

Ok, I should say

41 minutes ago, Zam said:

By default it forward the receiver velocity value (or note n° value in your case) or a fixed value if you add it to the definition (then it act more like a trigger)

First define the rgbled ID

with fwd_id:rgbled:ID (if you have event_rgbled id=ID....)

check in debug mode that the rgbled event receive the value 0 to 127 (according to note n°)

now I have a doubt, look like you have more than one rgbled, I have to think more...

Best

Zam

Sure! This might work (didn't check yet). But I thought that there might be a much simpler way which says: take the note # and activate the RGBLED with the same ID. But it looks like, that's not possible...

And in the end you are right: I need to define every RGBLED anyway.... hm... alright! ;-)

I'll come up with another task these days... but I need to think about it first a bit more ;-)

Edited by FantomXR