MidiBox Cool Diy Device But Only For C-Code Experts

zener

After a number of years running up-down-in-out of dozens and dozens and dozens of threads ,

thousand of posts and hours dedicated / missed  :pout: to get all info and helps necessary to complete a MidiBox Unit (Hui controller ,"NG", Sequencer), 

at the end for all projects a very extensive knowledge of the C-Code is essential for get a full working unit (unfortunately) :cry:,

i.m.h.o. MidiBox is a great project because the true "Force" of  this device is the possibility to obtain a customized device controller not available on the market  ,

(ok so true it require a large number of hours for soldering and assembly (time is money!!! ) + parts cost )

considered that many used midi-usb controllers can be found today for very low price , seem to really not have logical "sense" start with a MidiBox project ,

But (as wrote above)  the fact that a customized controller device not available on the market can be obtained with the MidiBox projects

give to this Device a very strong "force point"   , 

that said ,

the "issue" about the  extensive knowledge of the C-Code required is a so big limit / stumbling block for a large number of "potential" users :cry: ,

that have the sufficient electronic knowledge for assembly/soldering  the hardware required ,

but not for the software settings/customizations ,

then the question is :

There is really not a way to make the "software" project part more "friendly" and simple ?  8-I

Edited by zener

Hi Zener,

MIDIbox is not just a platform for builders and coders, there are some very cool finished projects built upon it, and they are "ready for consumption" without any further coding necessities, e.g.

* MBNG: just as Zam said, it is completely customizable, just by editing text/script files and it is really very powerful! I'd also like to add, that if you want a "generic" MIDI controller, a lot of functions are necessary, from SysEx stream parsing, to supporting multiple hardware user-interface element types (encoders, potentiometers/sliders) and so on. The result necessarily is "complex" by definition - and if you want to master it, you have to dig deeper. But if you do that, the rewards are huge. If you like to experiment with never-heard-before synth sounds, nothing beats the experience of having a huge hardware controller attached to your good-sounding-but-limited-control-surface synth.

* MBSEQ: TK. has an open ear for user enhancement requests - if they fit in the "general scheme of things" or multiple users want "that one feature", he usually just implements them, just look at the revision log!

* And a lot more, have a look on ucapps.de !

So, for the modern MIDIbox projects, you "just" need a bit of patience, some soldering experience (or a friendly helper for that), the knowledge of the C programming language is optional.

Many greets,
Peter

13 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Hi Zener,

MIDIbox is not just a platform for builders and coders, there are some very cool finished projects built upon it, and they are "ready for consumption" without any further coding necessities, e.g.

As i wrote … , i agree about that MdiBox is a great start "point" to get a customized controller ,

it have most of the necessary options about , 

but set a unit as desired require C-Code "manipulation" by experts ,

it is not like a "simple" firmware update-exchange , or synth sound banks backup-restore by midi exclusive code ,

and about some good video tutorial would be really a great help ,

…….then a very big part of potential users remains excluded ,  unfortunately.:cry:

…. a huge hardware controller attached to your good-sounding-but-limited-control-surface synth.

This was the first reason why i checked (during sleepless nights)

very tons of info from Ucapps archive and MidiBox forum ,

the "target" was / still is a remote controller with a quantity of rotary encoders with led position ,

function switches , lcd displays as well, for sound program on various Synths 

hardware (with poor controls panel) & software (without controller) 

in the fastest way possible ,

then as any Synth (soft & hard) have a proper midi channel assigned on the sequencer midi track ,

the controller unit must provide the possibility to jump between Synths (hard & soft )

selecting the midi track on the software sequencer computer based ,

like with a classic masterkeyboard do for play the synth or sound expander assigned to midi track and relative midi channel .

( have seen the MidiBox NG you built , so very nice unit !!! ….. i friendly "envy" you )

* MBSEQ: TK. has an open ear for user enhancement requests - if they fit in the "general scheme of things" or multiple users want "that one feature", he usually just implements them, just look at the revision log!

"TK" is a so incredible guy ,

the sequencer was the second reason of my endless nights on MidiBox docs and info ,

firstly my interest is on the synth programmer ,

but a good hardware sequencer "crash free" for live performances as second project is highly considered ,

…….. overall if it give the possibility to drive synth filters on fly during/over the play of midi tracks...

but as said above , without good video tutorials ,

or step by step well described / explained guides

about the software section ,

i see it much impossible for not C-code experts .:cry:

Edited by zener

Hi,

Since I joined this community in 2010 I have built and still use:

MB SID V2 Stereo (x3)

MB NG

MB 64

MB CV V2

MB FM

MB GM5 (x3)

MB TIA

MB sammichSID (x2)

MB sammichFM

MB SEQ V4

I have never written, nor can I write, a line in Assembly or C

I have only edited files in a text editor, compiled and uploaded.

Knowing how to code would probably give me more options, but is definitely not necessary to build and enjoy these devices.

Yes there is a lot of information, but it's all there, and a big group of friendly and helpful people on the forum directs, encourages and debugs with you.

Start with something easy / manageable and go from there.

Cheers, Hal 

3 hours ago, eptheca said:

I have never written, nor can I write, a line in Assembly or C

I have only edited files in a text editor, compiled and uploaded.

This means you have a so big "talent" for electronics and software ,

(that most part of musicians do not have)

why you did not do the related school ?

….anyway sorry , unfortunately i have so serious difficulties to believe it :cry:

Edited by zener

4 hours ago, eptheca said:

Yes there is a lot of information, but it's all there, and a big group of friendly and helpful people on the forum directs, encourages and debugs with you.

Yess correct so lot of informations ,

and no video tutorials or step by step guides (about software) , although online from many years ,

and Yessssss i fully agree , very electronics talented good guys in this forum !!! :cheers:

and also thanks for support offer and encourages !!! :happy:

unfortunately it's also true that i have many post without any reply ! :cry:

But the "core" of the "matter" don't change (unfortunately)

Edited by zener

4 hours ago, eptheca said:

Start with something easy / manageable and go from there.

Again thanks so much for encourages !

But personally i (and so many others) can't start (buying all parts) something that i'm not sure to complete ,

for me is something like run "blindfolded" in the middle of a grove……., can you imagine the "concept" ?

(not properly pertaining to the sense of intelligence…. )

but different thing would be if the various MidiBox projects were supported with "serious" video tutorials , step by step pdf guides, etc..

ok the forum would remain the "lighthouse" in the middle of the "sea" , as "main" home for, post , talk…. , solutions for issues , post images about cool MidiBox in build progress and finished,

but there is really no way to make the software part of MidiBox more simpler and "accessible" for those so wide number of musicians that are not C-code experts "handlers" ?

Which, however are looking for a serious solid (no cheap plastic and parts..) controller / programmer

that has good number of : rotary encoders , function switches , lcd displays, ribbon strips, etc.. 

for fast, direct, program,edit (with fun) … the hardware and software synths ,

(not available on the market , neither the so f… absurdly expensive controller for pro tools that work only with their "tools"...)

Edited by zener

2 hours ago, zener said:

but there is really no way to make the software part of MidiBox more simpler and "accessible" for those so wide number of musicians that are not C-code experts "handlers" ?

again.. I don't get your point here, MB_NG is so easy, there is no C involved for setup...

You can't ask for deep access in a system and in the mean time asking no work at your side to handle it.

MB_NG have mostly every things you can think about without any effort...  by the time you'll use it and find limitation, you'll be able to code in C

Best

Zam

I did not learn coding at school. Just some basic and logo programming on an amstrad CPC when I was very young then a long time ago.
I was forced to "resume" programming because I work a lot on Autocad, the only way to add functions or behaviours useful to my job was to get interested in Lisp, VBA and now .NET. I am still not an "expert", I have the basics, my code is neither beautiful nor fast, it works. It takes me a lot of time sometimes but it is always for either to win after or for fun like here. All that to say that it depends on the interest you have there.

In addition to the MBNG, which makes the customization within the reach of my grandmother;) ... the procedures and functions of MIOS are simple, TK has ensured. It's like a car, you do not have to know how it works inside, you just have to know how to drive it.

In addition, the platform does not stop at programming, it is a vast space of knowledge, mechanics, electronics, and so on, all for one and only purpose, music. Everyone can find his place and bring his stone.

Some here do not program but are engines of the platform. ;)

So no, MIDIbox is not only for experts in C, that's for sure. :happy:

Edited by Antichambre

On 4.12.2017 at 4:01 PM, zener said:

After a number of years running up-down-in-out of dozens and dozens and dozens of threads ,

thousand of posts and hours dedicated / missed  :pout: to get all info and helps necessary to complete a MidiBox Unit (Hui controller ,"NG", Sequencer), 

at the end for all projects a very extensive knowledge of the C-Code is essential for get a full working unit (unfortunately) :cry:,

i.m.h.o. MidiBox is a great project because the true "Force" of  this device is the possibility to obtain a customized device controller not available on the market  ,

(ok so true it require a large number of hours for soldering and assembly (time is money!!! ) + parts cost )

considered that many used midi-usb controllers can be found today for very low price , seem to really not have logical "sense" start with a MidiBox project ,

But (as wrote above)  the fact that a customized controller device not available on the market can be obtained with the MidiBox projects

give to this Device a very strong "force point"   , 

that said ,

the "issue" about the  extensive knowledge of the C-Code required is a so big limit / stumbling block for a large number of "potential" users :cry: ,

that have the sufficient electronic knowledge for assembly/soldering  the hardware required ,

but not for the software settings/customizations ,

then the question is :

There is really not a way to make the "software" project part more "friendly" and simple ?  8-I

oh i had the same, thoughts back in the days... not knowing what a external c-function is, and where the hell they are - thats a thing to learn first to get a point how TK arrange things...

since i learned how to wiki, i also document that - for me to remember - and for other to get some inspiration.

hmm i see three options:

* learn how to NG-Script

* learn no NG-Script - learn C instead + get the compiler running on your Computer

* ask someone who do the programming for you... but if you want to change something after - you probably have to script or c again.

i personally never learned c in shool or mentor...

back in the days when max4live come up, i startet with graphical programming (Without c), t

he programm i created, i later programmed on TK MIOS32, and i learned only the c-things i needet to get the programm running which i already know -via internet youtube and google researching- i was knowing what i need and want...     i cant learn anything that i dont need @ the moment ... i am no expert too, but i make my own devices and jam with my bandmate every week since years...

a "only musican" should just ask a friend to help him

a musican which want to use custom or setup a custom midicontroller - have to explore that matter and that take time and entusiasm

For me the same, I never programmed or wrote any code before I started midiboxing. In the meantime I've build a lot of different midiboxes and I'm still far from being a programmer, although I'm a wannabee now, cause I know how handy it is.

I recognize your point, back in the days I red a lot on the uCapps site and forum and didn't get the whole picture, I didn't know where to start. After a while, several years, I just ordered some stuff to make a simple midicontroller, just 8 faders. As soon as I started the pieces fel into place and I came to understand the structure of MIOS and Midibox. And then I realized it was always there and the basics are quite simple. But it's also so big, so many possibilities that you can't put that into a simple video instruction. And it's very logical that you can't get the whole picture at once, but if you know what you would like to do you can start with it.  I'm just glad people here put their effort in building their stuff and share it, and I can't expect them to also make video tutorials or so, but maybe it's handy, feel free if you start a project and do a video contribution!

And if you would like to build a Midibox you should have some interest in finding your way, otherwise you're far better off buying some commercial stuff.

Edited by Elektruck

I'm sort of in the same boat and started nonetheless, but haven't finished something yet.

My main issue is having many hard/software related questions and a somewhat small Midibox community. I'm often in need of specific help that can't be found elsewhere.

Btw thanks to all trying to help out us beginners!

On 05 dicembre 2017 at 3:57 PM, Zam said:

again.. I don't get your point here, MB_NG is so easy, there is no C involved for setup...

You can't ask for deep access in a system and in the mean time asking no work at your side to handle it.

MB_NG have mostly every things you can think about without any effort...  by the time you'll use it and find limitation, you'll be able to code in C

Best

Zam

More thanks Zam !!!

(i write about at the end of this post)

On 05 dicembre 2017 at 8:07 PM, Antichambre said:

I did not learn coding at school. Just some basic and logo programming on an amstrad CPC when I was very young then a long time ago.
I was forced to "resume" programming because I work a lot on Autocad, the only way to add functions or behaviours useful to my job was to get interested in Lisp, VBA and now .NET. I am still not an "expert", I have the basics, my code is neither beautiful nor fast, it works. It takes me a lot of time sometimes but it is always for either to win after or for fun like here. All that to say that it depends on the interest you have there.

In addition to the MBNG, which makes the customization within the reach of my grandmother;) ... the procedures and functions of MIOS are simple, TK has ensured. It's like a car, you do not have to know how it works inside, you just have to know how to drive it.

In addition, the platform does not stop at programming, it is a vast space of knowledge, mechanics, electronics, and so on, all for one and only purpose, music. Everyone can find his place and bring his stone.

Some here do not program but are engines of the platform. ;)

So no, MIDIbox is not only for experts in C, that's for sure. :happy:

Thanks for post Antichambre !

sorry , but no !  i (still) don't think so it is possible complete a MidiBox by someone without  electronics natural talent self taught 

or school preparation (public or private) or tutor assisted (father, brother, friend … and why not

girlfriend too as well :grin: )

i write about at the end of this post .

On 05 dicembre 2017 at 9:14 PM, Phatline said:

oh i had the same, thoughts back in the days... not knowing what a external c-function is, and where the hell they are - thats a thing to learn first to get a point how TK arrange things...

since i learned how to wiki, i also document that - for me to remember - and for other to get some inspiration.

hmm i see three options:

* learn how to NG-Script

* learn no NG-Script - learn C instead + get the compiler running on your Computer

* ask someone who do the programming for you... but if you want to change something after - you probably have to script or c again.

i personally never learned c in shool or mentor...

back in the days when max4live come up, i startet with graphical programming (Without c), t

he programm i created, i later programmed on TK MIOS32, and i learned only the c-things i needet to get the programm running which i already know -via internet youtube and google researching- i was knowing what i need and want...     i cant learn anything that i dont need @ the moment ... i am no expert too, but i make my own devices and jam with my bandmate every week since years...

a "only musican" should just ask a friend to help him

a musican which want to use custom or setup a custom midicontroller - have to explore that matter and that take time and entusiasm

thanks for post Phatline!

i write about at the end of post.

On 06 dicembre 2017 at 8:40 PM, Elektruck said:

For me the same, I never programmed or wrote any code before I started midiboxing. In the meantime I've build a lot of different midiboxes and I'm still far from being a programmer, although I'm a wannabee now, cause I know how handy it is.

I recognize your point, back in the days I red a lot on the uCapps site and forum and didn't get the whole picture, I didn't know where to start. After a while, several years, I just ordered some stuff to make a simple midicontroller, just 8 faders. As soon as I started the pieces fel into place and I came to understand the structure of MIOS and Midibox. And then I realized it was always there and the basics are quite simple. But it's also so big, so many possibilities that you can't put that into a simple video instruction. And it's very logical that you can't get the whole picture at once, but if you know what you would like to do you can start with it.  I'm just glad people here put their effort in building their stuff and share it, and I can't expect them to also make video tutorials or so, but maybe it's handy, feel free if you start a project and do a video contribution!

And if you would like to build a Midibox you should have some interest in finding your way, otherwise you're far better off buying some commercial stuff.

Thanks for post Elektruck ! and so much compliments for your "Truck" it is simply so :  A M A Z I N G

(all that you do with… included)

about your post  it simply mean you are talented for electronics (i.m.h.o.)

15 hours ago, tago said:

I'm sort of in the same boat and started nonetheless, but haven't finished something yet.

My main issue is having many hard/software related questions and a somewhat small Midibox community. I'm often in need of specific help that can't be found elsewhere.

Btw thanks to all trying to help out us beginners!

thanks for post Tago !

"Typical" situation (me included) of the most potential musicians (and not) MidiBox users

(less electronic "expert" tutor/assistant),

that are looking for one or more "serious" device that "help/support" in making music,

willing to build it because not in the market,

and are in the situation where hardware parts , soldering and put the hardware together ,

is not a big problem (also if with lot of time and patience , various "try & error" ….. and redo too)

and for some also the firmware install is not a "mission impossible" ,

but be sure that a C-code handle (more or less) will be necessary , for get a 100% working device ,

and the fact who finish a working Midibox is the confirm about it is able in handle the code or have assistant/tutor about (i.m.h.o.).

I hold to "point out"  that many of MidiBox potential "owners"/users/beginners builders not C-code "experts" ("tutorless")

are serious adult people with music passion , not "time wasters" kids , and similar ,

so please "joke" a little is "welcome":cheers: ,  but we are not some kind of "stupids"…… ,

Back to "topic" : >) "friendly" :

It's true that very lot of information are on the ucapps  pages ,

unfortunately not all are understandable , and i.m.h.o not sufficient for a musician not "expert" about ,

* : for example (only one of many cases) checking MBNG docs about how many lcd display can be connected to a core cpu, itì's indicated that more than 2 lcd require handle the code, 

for address position of "info".

Some well made ("official") video tutorial that show the various possible configurations between core cpu , digital-analog in-out modules ,pots - encoders-buttons , lcd display , etc… , 

and  about how to install the firmware with first power up of unit ,

with also  some specific example of code handle like start the software for code handle,

how access to code , basic "function" about how edit-assign-modify , etc… ,

would not be a big help (...and so much "friendly" appreciated ) ? :cheers:

(…giving further "positivity" to the device .., ... getting also some buck for each view … )

Edited by zener

3 hours ago, zener said:

Some well made ("official") video tutorial that show the various possible configurations between core cpu , digital-analog in-out modules ,pots - encoders-buttons , lcd display , etc… , 

and  about how to install the firmware with first power up of unit ,

with also  some specific example of code handle like start the software for code handle,

how access to code , basic "function" about how edit-assign-modify , etc… ,

would not be a big help (...and so much "friendly" appreciated ) ? :cheers:

(…giving further "positivity" to the device .., ... getting also some buck for each view … )

This is a diy community, not Elektron or Roland. There simply isn't enough time or members on here to provide that level of documentation in videos.

By all means, if you would like to go ahead and do such videos if you learn whats already available on ucapps, and the wiki go ahead.

I'm sorry but if you can't  follow the instructions that are already there then maybe this community isn't for you.

Complaining that it isn't more user friendly is only dragging the community down and wasting peoples time.

From a MIDIbox noob who can't code one line of C.

Edited by Smithy

4 hours ago, zener said:

Thanks for post Antichambre !

sorry , but no !  i (still) don't think so it is possible complete a MidiBox by someone without  electronics natural talent self taught 

or school preparation (public or private) or tutor assisted (father, brother, friend … and why not

girlfriend too as well :grin: )

I think it's a limited view, we all told you the opposite, and some people here are perfect example for this thing that you don't want to believe.
If you want something easy, and refuse any challenge, you will learn nothing. Sorry, maybe MIDIbox is not for you ;)

I don't understand why you don't want to believe us... You insistence is a non sense for me.
the only way to prove it to you would be if you try. but here we go round and round.

Best
Bruno

1 hour ago, Smithy said:
1 hour ago, Smithy said:

This is a diy community, not Elektron or Roland. There simply isn't enough time or members on here to provide that level of documentation in videos.

By all means, if you would like to go ahead and do such videos if you learn whats already available on ucapps, and the wiki go ahead.

I'm sorry but if you can't  follow the instructions that are already there then maybe this community isn't for you.

Complaining that it isn't more user friendly is only dragging the community down and wasting peoples time.

From a MIDIbox noob who can't code one line of C.

Thanks for post Smithy !  :cheers:

Roland ? Elektron ? no thanks ! ! ! (they do not have what me and many others are here for ..)

Ok : want a MidiBox ?  Read all documentation about ! (...it had never been done…. by many... )

as wrote above (if you have read it) , the problem is not about hardware solder - assembly and related ,

but is about the software , please it is really a "crime" ask for a more "easy" to understand "way / media" ?

(in the age video tutorials) 

And saying :

"if you can't  follow the instructions that are already there then maybe this community isn't for you."

(Thing that me and so many others are still doing from years / months )

can only confirm the title-topic o the thread ,

no possible any "evolution" of "basic" instructions documentation for help the many not "experts" ? 

re-confirm (again) the "topic" , 

friendly much thanks the same for your post !

:cheers:

ps :

…. and about this ?

MBNG CONFIG.png

Edited by zener

35 minutes ago, Antichambre said:

I think it's a limited view, we all told you the opposite, and some people here are perfect example for this thing that you don't want to believe.
If you want something easy, and refuse any challenge, you will learn nothing. Sorry, maybe MIDIbox is not for you ;)

I don't understand why you don't want to believe us... You insistence is a non sense for me.
the only way to prove it to you would be if you try. but here we go round and round.

Best
Bruno

Thanks for post Bruno ! :cheers:

part of reply is on the previous post….

and it is not a "challenge" factor , any day  is a challenge (in these times...)

...in "summary" no possible make simple as possible for not experts the software part ?

more thanks !:cheers:

7 minutes ago, zener said:

...in "summary" no possible make simple as possible for not experts the software part ?

Actually, yes, you're in luck! :cheers:

TK. has recently developed a user-friendly language called "MIOS"! So as long as you want to run existing software applications (like SEQ, SID etc.) instead of programming in assembly and C, all you have to do is edit definition files to suit your hardware! It gets better: with the old MIOS8 one had to setup a build environment with dependencies and then run MSYS or some other compiler! Now with MIOS32 it's as easy as editing a text file stored on an SDcard!

I hope that answers your question! With a process this simple and considering your obvious high levels of enthusiasm we look forward to seeing your first MIDIbox in action soon!

13 hours ago, Antichambre said:

i (still) don't think so it is possible complete a MidiBox by someone without  electronics natural talent

Yes you're right! Coding, electronics, etc... Here, we are all genius, exceptional people. Anyone who already built a Box and play with it, have a consequent background in a lot of domain. We are all individually, experts in C(all languages in fact), we all speak a minimum of 6 languages, we have all an innate gift in electronic, with an unbelievable capacity in engineering, design and development in general. We are all music professional, of course! We are all extremely good at our hands too. For example, last week I was in Cambodia for an open-heart operation on a 5-year-old child, I saved him. Now I'm resting a bit but I'm leaving next week, I have to finish plans and model of the future highest tower in the world, ... And it's the same for everybody here.

11 hours ago, zener said:

any day  is a challenge (in these times...)

Sorry, but for us life is easy, we are a secret society... But You got us! :cheers: Welcome!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, latigid on said:

. we look forward to seeing your first MIDIbox in action soon!

So Thanks  "Latigid On" !

( I'm trying to work on it )

2 hours ago, Antichambre said:

Yes you're right! Coding, electronics, etc... Here, we are all genius, exceptional people. Anyone who already built a Box and play with it, have a consequent background in a lot of domain. We are all individually, experts in C(all languages in fact), we all speak a minimum of 6 languages, we have all an innate gift in electronic, with an unbelievable capacity in engineering, design and development in general. We are all music professional, of course! We are all extremely good at our hands too. For example, last week I was in Cambodia for an open-heart operation on a 5-year-old child, I saved him. Now I'm resting a bit but I'm leaving next week, I have to finish plans and model of the future highest tower in the world, ... And it's the same for everybody here.

Sorry, but for us life is easy, we are a secret society... But You got us! :cheers: Welcome!

Thanks for post "Antichambre" !

Happy to know all that you wrote in the post…,  and happy for you too :cheers:

(…it seem something like that "unknown paradise secret planet ", … also tax havens ? )

but "Jokes" aside , I seem to have mentioned only about electronics talent and talented guys ( dna ) :confused: .

the rest is out of the topic ,:cheers:

----------------------------------------

Yess so true !  i'm so happy to have found this place !!!   So endlessly Thanks "TK" to have created it !!!

And I would be even happier if it became a bit more "usable" as well for beginners (not electronics experts/talented/tutor assisted…)

before internet , youtube , and all other kind of today available free medias , all of this was impossible (i.m.h.o.)

is it not true that a video or a picture say what millions of words cannot ?

-----------

Ps:

The same "information"  can be given in an easy way , understandable to all , 

and in a "complex/messy/wry/twisted" … and related ways …, understandable only for "some" ,

or also nobody (…… politicians typical style )

…."someone" said that there are no bad students but only bad teachers...

Edited by zener

• 1 month later...

My first project was a midibox 8 with 8 analog faders back around 2001. My advice would be to order some parts and get started. If you wait for someone to make a step by step video, you will never start. Just get a core, a digital in and a digital out PCB and a couple of encoders, buttons and leds. Once you get started, you will either figure it out or get frustrated and quit. The initial investment is pretty small, maybe $100-$150. If you aren't willing to risk that to get started, then as others have said, this isn't the place for you. I will tell you, the moment when you first start it up and get midi signals flowing into your computer, is a pretty neat experience.

Edited by goyousalukis

24 minutes ago, goyousalukis said:

My first project was a midibox 8 with 8 analog faders back around 2001. My advice would be to order some parts and get started. If you wait for someone to make a step by step video, you will never start. Just get a core, a digital in and a digital out PCB and a couple of encoders, buttons and leds. Once you get started, you will either figure it out or get frustrated and quit. The initial investment is pretty small, maybe $100-$150. If you aren't willing to risk that to get started, then as others have said, this isn't the place for you. I will tell you, the moment when you first start it up and get midi signals flowing into your computer, is a pretty neat experience.

hello , and thanks for reply !

( I extremely envy your logo) 

i posted the link only as well , about that i tried to say in what posted ,

considered the age of this place ,  a New arrival that visit for first time  this nice place would expect some video tutorial ,

at least for "standard" settings , as showed in that video tutorial ,

moreover made by a guy that seem to do not have any economic interest about (banners apart).

Edited by zener