Zero Circuit

Hawkeye

Hola,

Could spare two hours for the first jam in 2018 :), this time with MBLoopA, MBProgramma and the MB-6582 :)

Me had some troubles with the Programma, as it was suddenly inoperational from one day to the next, fortunately only the SD card was damaged, no file system could be recognized. I just formatted it, restored the files and all is well again - the prototype still works :).

In this track, the Programma is used to control the bassline synth, the Ensoniq ESQ-M (the spiritual successor of the C64 SID, also from Bob Yannes). Some wild osc-octave switching with quite high filter resonance can be heard later on in the track :-).

No MBSeq used here, only the MBLoopA - thanks to Andy, we hope for the public availability of LoopA boards and essential/hard-to-source parts somewhen in springtime! :)

Thanks for watching and listening and have a great time with your synths whenever you have the chance to do so!
Many greets,
Peter

Thanks, guys! I would not consider a reference to the new Blade Runner soundtrack an insult, thanks Bruno :)!
(in fact i really liked the new blade runner film, it may be polarizing, but boy, they really managed to transport the old atmosphere and the music/soundtrack at least was not totally off :) - but this is just a personal impression)! And of course i am jealous on all the synths Hans Zimmer owns! :)

Have a great week!
Peter

LOL
Hans Zimmer is an old guy now, he was very productive since the 80s. I can understand that some people can be bored to hear him everywhere and since a long time. I'm not bored, Interstellar is one of his most beautifull piece and lead the whole movie, Inception is not bad too... it is same who will like this work of a lifetime when he will leave us :(  It's a big guy anyway!... And his studio is awesome and I'm jealous too!

Have a good week too !

8 minutes ago, Antichambre said:

LOL
Hans Zimmer is an old guy now, he was very productive since the 80s. I can understand that some people can be bored to hear him everywhere and since a long time. I'm not bored, Interstellar is one of his most beautifull piece and lead the whole movie, Inception is not bad too... it is same who will like this work of a lifetime when he will leave us :(  It's a big guy anyway!... And his studio is awesome and I'm jealous too!

Have a good week too !

You are right, Interstellar was good, and I didn't find the music offputting. 

But, back on topic, Peter, which part is played by the ESQ-M? I gotta say that sounds like a really tempting synth! Did you make a control assignment for your synth programmer for it?

But, back on topic, Peter, which part is played by the ESQ-M?

It is the bass - with the Programma (which is a MBNG and nothing else), you can control all parameters during the live performance, if you have the space and are looking for an easier to-program and more powerful variant with the same awesome analog filters, search for the SQ80! :)

This is fantastic Hawkeye! Your music never disappoints! It brought me back to these forums (been a while since I've been here!)

Thanks a lot, m00dawg, welcome back to the forums! :-)

Have a great time!
Many greets, Peter