Record replacing notes...what did I do?

phillwilson

I hope someone can figure out what is going on as I am stumped... I have 1 tracks set up for four instruments via MIDI out1 , 

T1 Mininova

T2,  JP-08

T3 JX03

T4 SH-01a

Last night I had an odd issue where by T1's "live record mode = on"  led to it constantly erasing the previous notes  that i had recorded....even when no new notes are being played via the MIDI IN 1 port...

This is indistance to ALL other tracks, on those tracks I could eave "live record mode = on"  active and running in the background and the notes would only get replaced in the sequence  when a new note was played on the keyboard

any ideas what I had done?

constantly erasing the previous notes 

Yeah I'm getting that behaviour too, exactly as explained above, a reboot fixes it. My input is a USB controller and I thought it might have something to do with that, but looks like philwilson is using synths for input. To recap, notes record OK in Live Recording, you see them on display, bar repeats and erases them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably I found the problem, please try this version:
-> http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_095_pre10.zip

Whenever the "step edit" feature was used in EDIT page, the played notes remained in the queue and then overwrote notes during live recording.

Now they should be properly erased.

If the issue happens again, open MIOS Studio and enter "dbg_record" in the MIOS Terminal.
This should give you a list of played notes - and maybe help to understand the problem (and to give me more information :)

However, probably you won't need this debug option anymore if the bugfix is working as intended.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3.3.2018 at 9:51 PM, TK. said:

Probably I found the problem, please try this version:
-> http://www.ucapps.de/mios32/midibox_seq_v4_095_pre10.zip

Whenever the "step edit" feature was used in EDIT page, the played notes remained in the queue and then overwrote notes during live recording.

Now they should be properly erased.

If the issue happens again, open MIOS Studio and enter "dbg_record" in the MIOS Terminal.
This should give you a list of played notes - and maybe help to understand the problem (and to give me more information :)

However, probably you won't need this debug option anymore if the bugfix is working as intended.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I think this will fix my problem from here  http://midibox.org/forums/topic/20578-jam-mode-record-cc-filter-sweeps/

Is it possible to get this fix in an uncompiled version, or is it only in this precompiled version in the link?

Cheers, Hal