Strange operation - Solved

Goseba

Having finished my Seq v4 (Wilba version), I am not slowly learning all the functions going through the manual.

Every now and again, the 8 encoders and 8 buttons underneath on the right hand side so not work.

Before I pull it apart and check for loose connections, could it be a button combination or something that causes this?

Sometimes all I need to do is push a button or turn or click an encoder on the left hand side and all is good again. Sometimes it takes pushing a few buttons. By pushing, I do not mean firmly, but just normal function.

Just occasionally some of the left hand side has this issue, on a random number of steps from the right. The first few steps are always ok. 

The sequence will play all 16 steps OK.

Any ideas please?

EDIT: When switching on, it is always OK, so I reckon it is a button combination I am making in error.

Edited by Goseba

Make sure you have the correct encoder type configured in the midibox config file. 

What do you see on the screen when the issue occurs?

If you are in step edit mode and only 1 side works then that could be a hardware issue.

http://midibox.org/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=8731

Maybe the schematic can help you as well.

I've just been using it for a few hours and no problems until just now. Then suddenly the right encoders didn't work when I went to Edit Event. I had just come out playing a midi file (still testing the various functions).

I went to pattern mode, changed a pattern on the left and now the right side is all ok again. Weird.

EDIT: Also noticing that the Mute LED stays on for a while after leaving mute mode. 

Edited by Goseba

Fixed the strange operation of the encoders. Started to strip it down, gave all the IC's a push and one had a little give before it was in firmly. Switched it on and perfect!

Just the MUTE button stays on now. I found if I press the Pattern and then Song buttons, it clears it.

EDIT Just solved MUTE issue with v4_094b

Edited by Goseba