CV question

goyousalukis

Hey guys, I have a dumb question:

I am almost done with my MBSeqV4. It is up and running, but my first control panel arrived cracked, so I am waiting on the replacement.

I've also just ordered an AOUT_NG board, so that I can send CV messages. I did this because I've also purchased my first eurorack synth module.

Generally, I want to control the eurorack synth module with the MBSeq, but my question is:

Can I use the MBSeq to convert midi from a midi keyboard and send it out to the eurorack synth?

i.e. just use the MBSeq to convert midi to CV?

Thanks for your help,

Justin

Yes, totally possible. Just add the AOUT_NG board to the sequencer board, and you'll be able to tweak and edit the midi2CV converter settings from the sequencer menu. You can even expend your gate outputs to 64!!! for triggering drums and you can add 8 extra clock/start/stop outputs wich can have their own timebase, configurable from the sequencer. You'll have to enable these options in the MBSEQ_HW.V4 file on your SD Card, wich you can edit with MIOS Studio.

I'm not sure how you'll hook up the AOUT_NG board etc. but it's all well documented, I only know it's possible, I did it myself and it's working great!

Thanks for your post flyweight. I have a bunch of old DOUTS from my old MB SEQ and MB SID that I have now converted to the new versions. 

So, the AOUT_NG generates control voltages(cv) that control the pitch of an oscillator, but I also need a DOUT in order to send a gate signal to control the length of the notes? 

Thanks for helping me understand this new to me stuff!

Thanks for all the tips guys - I dug out one of my DOUTs and wired it up. I hooked up a temp LED, and so far, I figured out how the clock and trigger events work. The only thing left is the CV Gates. I'm not sure how to get them firing, but I'm sure I will figure it out!