Create new session, press play, seq "hangs"

jjonas

Hi,

it's been years since I created a new session, as normally I've just loaded a "basic setup" session and saved that under a new name. However, today I was about to do some troubleshooting with SEQv4 and MBSID, and thought to create a new session just to make sure that I have a blank slate.

But when I created the new session, I found that even though the session itself is created normally, and you can navigate any menus, add notes to steps etc., when you press play, the seq "hangs" in the first step. You can still navigate normally, add notes to steps, but the seq just won't move forward from the first step. MIOS Studio shows a continuing stream of "fa" messages. If you open another session (one of my old sessions, all of which are copies of a basic session I've created many years ago) and press play, playback works normally. So it's not "real hang" or a crash, as you can still navigate normally, open another session etc. But it would appear to be a problem with newly created sessions.

I tried different versions of the firmware that I had on my computer (4.90, 4.91pre8, 4.92, 4.93, 4.94pre2, 4.95pre10), but all gave the results described above. Can someone else replicate this?

JL

Thanks for the info! I've now found out what the problem was. I have a keyboard synth with "local control off" that was controlling a number synths via the MIDI router, including itself. It was set to send and receive MIDI clock. With my "basic setup session" the MIDI clock setting was "Master", so this didn't matter, but in a default new session the setting is "Auto", and the combination locked up the seq. Now I don't send MIDI clock anymore from the controlling synth, and all is well.

Edited by jjonas
typo