Using with a USB Powered Keyboard

goyousalukis

Quick question:

It is my understanding that I can plug a USB keyboard directly into the SEQ to control transposition, Arp, CV outs, etc... 

Since the USB keyboard is powered by USB, I would assume that I need to bridge Pin PA9 to 5V in order to give the USB Keyboard power via the micro USB. Is this correct?

I am using my own MeanWell 5V power to power the SEQ. Is there any issue if I bridge the pin and then connect the seq to a PC via USB? I am worried that I could fry something if I use my own power supply and then plug the micro usb port into my PC.

Thanks,

Justin

I fitted a switch and a USB connector to the SeqV4 case to put the SeqV4 into USB host mode. The switch jumps R59 on the Discovery board to ground, then you can use a USB keyboard controller, which then receives power from the SeqV4. For firmware updates I power down, unplug the power supply, switch USB modes and connect the PC. I don't know what PA9 does but that might be a better way to simulate what is basically an OTG USB cable

A lot of good info here.

• 7 months later...

That does not work for me, the keyboard led blinking, after restart or after push reset button on STM32F4

I have connected a 5V PSU to J2 of the MBHP_CORE_STM32F4 module, and plug the jumper USB PWR J17 

An idea?

mios32_bootloader_v1_018 / midibox_seq_v4_094b / CME Xkey

RESOLVED

"If you don't have a "special" USB OTG cable, connect pin PA10 to 0v (ground)" Thanks Latigid on

Edited by gohan2a
RESOLVED