Issue with Sign-up and Contact forms, not working

Nirokesan

I received an email from someone attempting to sign-up for the forum.  He says the sign-up and contact forms are broken.  I tried to create a dummy account and could not pass the security screen, and I'm sure I had the correct answers.  Can someone look into this?  Is there another thread already discussing this? I searched and did not find one.

thanks!

• Like 1

I thought it was just me :)

For some reason I have to keep resetting my password every time I login - but the past week or two I haven't been getting the reset e-mails.  This this morning suddenly a dozen of them came in at once!

Still not sure what's up with my password.  I use a password manager and have also tried cutting and pasting it from a text file to make sure I'm entering it the same way when creating it as when trying to login...but it still doesn't recognize it when I return and I have to do the lost password thing again every time :(

Hello all,

I’m the guy that contacted @Nirokesan.  I finally got in thanks to @smashtv making me an account.

From looking at the web page source code, it looks as though the CAPTCHA used on both the signup page and the Contact Us form is broken (noted as 'Security Check' on both pages), since Google discontinued the reCAPTCHA v1 service on March 31, 2018.  There are instructions to migrate to the new v2 of the service available here: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq#what-happens-to-recaptcha-v1 

I had sent this info to @Hawkeye via Facebook, too.  Just thought I’d leave this pointer here in case someone wants to fix this — the forums won’t let anyone new in until it’s fixed!

Anyway, excited to finally be on here.  Thanks to everyone who helped me ‘get on the inside’!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the notification!

There seems to be an incompatibility with the captcha system that had been in use and the forum software - we have now changed to a different captcha system, that seems to work. It is not prettier, but was the only one available... :)

Can you check again and see if it works?

Many greets, Peter

Thanks for the confirmation!
Regarding the "Contact Us" form - hmmm, i tried it and it says "message sent to administrators", it seems to work if you are logged in as a user (without captcha) as well as a non-logged in user (captcha needs to be solved).

Many greets,
Peter