midiphy SEQ v4+

latigid on

5 hours ago, secrethero303 said:

Its not perfect, but it certainly makes a big enough difference for me.  I'm happy with the result.

(and I guess #18 is me then?)

That's what I finally did too, that's what I wanted, it's clearly enough.
But it should not be done with the transparent Keycap, the result is bad and ugly.

Yes #18 congratulation :cheers:a>

Hey guis. Congrats for the amazing new box and to the people already built it. 

Seeking this huge topic I met. at several occasions a demand for schematics or some detailed insight. I built my last (and only) Midibox4 from scratch, as a DIY project. I learned quite a lot by doing. Now, those kinky buttons, and especially their low count are inviting me do grab the soldering iron. To build it from scratch, again. A ready-made PCB kills all the fun for me.

Will those be published? Or a PM? This looks as a great summer project. 

Another question: Will it be possible to build a v4+ over a Disco board?

1 hour ago, EsEfZed said:

Hey guis. Congrats for the amazing new box and to the people already built it. 

Seeking this huge topic I met. at several occasions a demand for schematics or some detailed insight.

Thanks for your concern. Schematics are provided when needs arise. This gives valuable insight to me so I can provide directed help, which I normally do very quickly as seen in the troubleshooting thread. If it happens that I can no longer help in this way, I would provide them to people who purchase the boards and the builders would need to figure things out themselves. It's good to know where the tricky points are as it can help for future projects. 

I built my last (and only) Midibox4 from scratch, as a DIY project. I learned quite a lot by doing. Now, those kinky buttons, and especially their low count are inviting me do grab the soldering iron. To build it from scratch, again. A ready-made PCB kills all the fun for me.

Will those be published? Or a PM? This looks as a great summer project. 

You don't need my help for this, simply assemble a chain of DOUT and DIN modules and assign the functions in the hardware config file. 

Another question: Will it be possible to build a v4+ over a Disco board?

You can use a Disco board for a SEQ v4/v4+. 

Have fun! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi !

i’ m exploring the features of the midi box seq v4+ and I got some questions. Sorry because it is probably noob’s questions but I didn’t find informations on the docs... hope it is the good thread ;)

What is the purpose of the  MEC “Shift”  button of the seq v4+ ?

Is their a way to just copy a specific trigger/param. What if I just copy/paste the accent trigger but not the gate trigger between tracks ?

How can activate the step forwarding when I do not record ? When playing with live mode activate the seq do not jump to steps over 16. Is this the normal behaviour?

when in recording with live mode activated, the seq will. It  jump to next steps ( 17-32) only once.is their a way to activate the forwarding not only the first time.

Cheers

@Dimduj

just a two quick answers, probably not everything covered:

* SHIFT on the new v4+ frontpanel equals the SELECT button on the old one - in this context, if you have a look at the handbook: http://ucapps.de/midibox_seq_manual_m.html and search for "SELECT" (with case sensitive search!) you will see all the context-specific features it enables, just as an example, in the track transpose screen, SHIFT switches between Octave and Semitone transposition selection

* Follow Mode (also when not recording) can be enabled by pressing the MENU + EXIT buttons simultaneously, it should work all the time. When it is off and you are recording, the display should jump to the step range only when new notes are "entered" i think, so i'd recommend to use the standard "follow" feature by just pressing MENU + EXIT.

Many greets and enjoy!
Peter

Hello guys,

I dont know if this fits here but may I ask if there is any news on the Eurorack Expander Modules?

Also, here is some bad-ish foto of some studio action. The midibox-case fits really well into 84hp and powers well from the 5V source of my Intellijel PSU. Just in case if someone was wondering if the SEQ4+ is suitable for modular case installation. I am using standard 40x20x2 aluminium angles for the rack mounting. Next step: Re-open the case and install the missing jumper for USB OTG :D.

Greetings, Alex

ModularSEQ4plus.jpg

• Like 1

Well that's an awesome photo! Presumably you had to remove the rails/threaded inserts? But sure, everything should fit in 3U. There's been promise of ears for 19" rack mounting for a while but those are still on the way.

Not long until the modules are ready. But summer holidays can result in a slowdown sometimes.

Btw. with everything in the case like this, probably you wouldn't need to use the line drivers at all. Just connect J8/9 and J19 to the respective digital and analogue expanders.

• Like 2

Just now, latigid on said:

Well that's an awesome photo! Presumably you had to remove the rails/threaded inserts? But sure, everything should fit in 3U. There's been promise of ears for 19" rack mounting for a while but those are still on the way.

Not long until the modules are ready. But summer holidays can result in a slowdown sometimes.

Btw. with everything in the case like this, probably you wouldn't need to use the line drivers at all. Just connect J8/9 and J19 to the respective digital and analogue expanders.

The rail and threaded insert stayed, I just left out all the screws that go in at the front and at the back of the SEQ4+ case, but there actually would have been enough space to let them in and still fit I think (its just easier to fit this way).

Not using line drivers sounds very interesting, I`ll have to look into the expander-thing more to get what you say, but thanks for the information :-).

Just now, knochenfabrik said:

Could I just remove the Line Transmitter completely and use IDC cables to go directly from J8/9 to a DOUT board and J19 to an AOUT-board?

Indeed! The line drivers would actually "buffer" the SRIO a bit, but as long as the cables are short it should still be okay. The other option of using line drivers (if required) is to omit the DB-25 connector and use the IDC instead. The ribbons would take less room.

7 hours ago, latigid on said:

Actually you are right - I had to remove the rails and inserts of course (ur just use none). Got that wrong in my mind when I said they stayed insied earlier... :hypocrite:

On 15/07/2019 at 1:38 PM, Hawkeye said:

@Dimduj

just a two quick answers, probably not everything covered:

* SHIFT on the new v4+ frontpanel equals the SELECT button on the old one - in this context, if you have a look at the handbook: http://ucapps.de/midibox_seq_manual_m.html and search for "SELECT" (with case sensitive search!) you will see all the context-specific features it enables, just as an example, in the track transpose screen, SHIFT switches between Octave and Semitone transposition selection

* Follow Mode (also when not recording) can be enabled by pressing the MENU + EXIT buttons simultaneously, it should work all the time. When it is off and you are recording, the display should jump to the step range only when new notes are "entered" i think, so i'd recommend to use the standard "follow" feature by just pressing MENU + EXIT.

Many greets and enjoy!
Peter

Thx Peter !

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! It really took a while, but just now the new midiphy eurorack essential modules were made available in the shop! :)
The kit consists of five eurorack modules and extends your SEQ with a total of 8 analog (CV) and 24 digital eurorack (gates, clocks, triggers) outputs.

SEQ v4+ Eurorack Modules Essential Kit
3939b59871f60e171a2d3b2092b7fbba.jpg

Adrian again did a magnificent job with the frontpanels! Thanks a lot!!! :cheers:

Will create a video documentation for the build procedure, but will need a bit of time, it is holiday season and the LoopA still needs finishing :)
But, these modules should not be too terribly difficult to complete, if you managed to build a v4+, you will be easily able to build those! :)

Of course, these modules should also nicely work with a MBSEQ v4 (instead of a v4+), if you have a standard line transmitter board (with a DB-25 output port) installed.

Have a nice weekend and enjoy!
Many greets,
Peter