latigid on

midiphy SEQ v4+

457 posts in this topic

This looks sooo cool! Thank you! Any idea on depth of the modules?

Thanks, @lukas412! :)

Just measured this quickly and took a photo, as i am sure others will have the same question:

fd925a69b74f11e839e57f6ea1d99671.jpg

The photo is of the new triple-PCB sandwich "A1 Expander" (8x CV out), which has the highest depth of these modules.

You should be good with a 50mm deep case, the module just fits nicely in my Moog 104HP skiff despite its "max depth: 48mm" specs :).

Of course all kudos for these modules fly out to Andy!

Have a great weekend and many greets!
Peter

Amaaaaazing! I’m on vacation atm but I will probably order these boards as soon as I get back.

Is there any chance I could convince y’all to release the design files—or even just a super basic drilling guide—for the panels? I have the means to DIY my own panels and some kind of official measurements would make the job quite a bit easier.

Maybe we should have a new thread for module things?

Regarding depth, note that it would be doable to squeeze things tighter with shorter headers or even direct soldering. Right-angled IDC headers would also help.

For panel files, at least at the beginning I prefer to keep them closed. We might offer different colours in the future (e.g. black panels). But if you really would like to do your own, just put a note in when you order and I can give you the dimensions. It wouldn't be difficult to measure either :).

Up and running in its new home.  Big thanks to all those that played a role in making this so easily available to the masses!

IMG_2983.jpg

28 minutes ago, TheMentat said:

Up and running in its new home.  Big thanks to all those that played a role in making this so easily available to the masses!

#21 !

and Holy Modular Batman! That's all DIY too !!?? Awesome!

48 minutes ago, latigid on said:

#21 !

and Holy Modular Batman! That's all DIY too !!?? Awesome!

yeah... My Squarp Pyramid was the only non-DIY piece in the mix, so the SEQ had to take its place!  :decayed: