KongaTrigga

Phatline

Konga Trigga:

i am on the PCB-Design right now... not finished, just at the start, but this is the UI-Arrangment i think (10x10cm PCB)

konga-trigga.thumb.png.2ddf13ecfd0b27111

has 3 Trigger-Mic Inputs (which are 0,5€ Elektret Capsulas), each for one Konga Drum.

The 3 Pots are the preamp-Gain, they have to set only once...

Konga Trigger then preamps the signal > the signal gets buffered mix - down to a Audio Sum - which can be use a other way (recording, efx...) how ever this is untested - and not part of the deal now...

the preamped Signal then get rectified, and filtered, and go into a Schmitt Trigger, which transfair it to a 0 or 1 Logic Level > this goes into the Microprocessor:

---since dipcore has only 2 AIN > i decidet to mix down all 3 MIC and feed it into 1 AIN... maybe its not accurate Velocity then --- it has to be tested in real world, like many other functions in this shematic....

konga-schem.thumb.png.af7a668589473feda7

in the microprocessor (dipcore) - software functionalitys:

step-sequencer (chooseable tacts 3/4 4/4 5/4 6/4 7/4 8/4...) whith just a few steps - lets say 16steps

which one of the the triggers now Count the Step-Sequencer, and which one just retriggers the Sequencers Notes - is set in the Menu for this song (saved on SD)

The Step Sequencer is a 2 Channel - bass and poly. they are counted equal, but we can decide which of the triggers trigger Poly or Mono Midichannel out.

a connected Keyboard on Midi-In1 is input for the Step-Record, - on the Menu i cand activate it as "REC-only" or "REC-&-Trigger" - so it just sets the Notes, or it also Triggers the Notes to Output to Midiout...

There are differnt Modes for the 6 Buttons: one of it is the Perform Mode > where we can shift the Sequencer arround, have record buttons and so on....

The LCD is primary for the Routing-Setup, and a displays for different Modes - for example, it shown in Big Letters the Actual Step of Sequence

this is just a start -  

(and NO its not the last 10x10cm Format Project ;) --- a Multiband-Distortion is also Planned :cheers: - and then its enogh for a while)

Edited by Phatline