Measuring slowest and fastest delay times

macsaif

I have tried several times to switch on the debug mode. The solution was that I had to switch off than switch on. Now it works.

I am measuring values between 37 and 1500. There are values higher values too but at very slow key press. The problem is when I am adjusting these values the velocity curve is very non-linear at the bottom part. Basically the values ar jumping from 1 to 50-60. The best response is when I am adjusting values to 37 and 370. But it is very dificult to achieve a linear response at bottom part. Is there any possibility to reach it?

Frank

Do you have a machine, that hits the key in a "linear" way? Or how do you know it's not linear? I think the finger itself is not that accurate.

Also the experience shows, that it's not important how the values look like. It's about how it feels in combination with the soundengine. On many keyboards if you play "normally" you'll land at a velocity of 70-90 and it doesn't have anything to do with a linear curve.

//edit: You can speed up the prescaler for the SRIO-chain and use NG instead of KB. This of course needs a change in the code and recompiling. There you have a map-function... if that helps. Due to faster scanning you'll get the same high resolution regarding velocity as you have in KB.

Edited by FantomXR

• 3 weeks later...