midi socket 5pol Din 180°

Phatline

i could get 500 Midi Socket for 127€ excl Import taxe from china --- which give about 0,25-0,5€ for a Socket ---

anyone interested to take 100? (i am in austria)

- dont think i want to hold more then 100 here in my workplace - so 400 would be aviable.

best mike.

Producer: Shenzen City Xiangyunfeiwu Technology CO. LTD: https://xyfwcn.en.alibaba.com/

Product: DS-8-03 https://xyfwcn.en.alibaba.com/product/60718425051-0/2_3_4_5_6_7_8_PIN_MINI_MIDI_stereo_DIN_female_jack_socket_connector.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.prewdfa4cf.4.54422a7ec5aqED

S-terminal-DS-8-03-S-video-Video-socket-

- i just dont want to spend 2,5€ for a Din Socket on Mouser > they are crazy...

3 hours ago, latigid on said:

Maybe ask @Hawkeye if you want some cheap DIN sockets. I think he has a few.

uuuuh.... i would not dare to sell those! :). Mike, if you want some really cheap ones, search for "Diodenbuchsen" on pollin.de, currently they are sold for 1.9 cents per piece (yes, no typo! :))

Of course i could not hold back and ordered some a while back! What i received was part rusty or they had at least discolored metal and i would only use them for test projects, never for a SEQ or a LoopA :). As i ordered them from my business account, my return options were a bit limited - but as they clearly did not look as shiny as in the picture advertised, I told them, that i was not too happy with their looks, corroded metal and all, and they agreed to send me new ones (they seem to have a lot :), which they promised me would be "flawless". In the end, the ones i received looked about the same and i decided, that it cost me (and poor Andy! :)) already too much time and I stopped that side project! They will be great for a nice "art" photo project with about 2000 MIDI connectors in a single picture, though, but I did not yet have the time for that, hehe! :)

In short: you get what you pay for and after this very interesting reorientation by a cheap seller, i am now fully with Andy and Bruno, don't save on the connectors! You might just be recording the best live song in a long time, then a MIDI connection to a synth goes bad and that was that... :). The bad thing here is, with crappy connections you may be introducing "bugs" that are really hard to localize, as they just appear sporadically, you might think there is a software problem somewhere, when indeed, it is just a loose contact.

Have a nice weekend, y'all!
Peter

A while ago I ordered those midi connectors and I’m happy with it. 

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/-/32832191248.html

anyway: I think it’s hard to tell if those connectors are good or not. They look good and they feel nice. The midi plug has a tight fit. But apart from that? How should they differ from Kycon?

If you want I could send you a few samples of those. I ordered 50pc a few weeks ago. 

3 hours ago, FantomXR said:

A while ago I ordered those midi connectors and I’m happy with it. 

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/-/32832191248.html

anyway: I think it’s hard to tell if those connectors are good or not. They look good and they feel nice.

actually it looks better, mechanically and electrically.

3 hours ago, FantomXR said:

How should they differ from Kycon?

like you said it's difficult to know. It's maybe mass production which decreases the price or material used and time will give the answer ;)

• 1 month later...