mikes pcbs

Guest bass

hi bass!

> does anybody know if mikes site is up and running ?

yes i think so - i allready received MidiBox64 PCB's from mikes site  :D

...maybe i can navigate you a little bit throught the "german jungle" of mikes site (with my lousy english...)  ;)

http://www.mikes-elektronikseite.de/midishop/

...now you are @ mikes site... to get the list of Thorstens MBHP PCB Mudules click : "Midiplatinen - Pertinax" - there is a form - all the MBHP PCB's can be found at this form - so now you are able to choose the MBHP Modules you need.  there is a input box on the right side of the form - there you can enter the wanted quantity of the PCB Modules - next to the quantity number form box is a little icon - if you roll with your mouse over the icon the message: "in den warenkorb" = "put it in the trolley" apears - if you click the icon it means, that you really want to order the PCB.

If you clicked the icon it appears a message: "Artikel zum Warenkorb hinzugefügt!"  "~The PCB is now in your Trolley!" - so you can click "ok". If you finished your PCB-selection you can click the hyperlink "Warenkorb" (= basket of goods) [the hyperlink is located at the top of the page] - click the hyperlink - so you can have a look what is in your trolley. On this page is a selection "Inland (Deutschland)" = "Germany" in your case choose "Ausland" = "foreign country" then click "Jetzt bestellen..." it means "I want to order now...".

so click it - now there is the "Bestellen"(= order)-page. you'll see the list of your selected PCB's again.  but look out - you must tickmark the two first little form boxes - then you have to click the "Weiter >>" ( = forward >>) Button. Now there is a new form - there you have to insert the personal data for the shipping and the data for donation...

...maybe this tool can help you through the form - it's a german english online dictionary  8)

http://dict.leo.org/

good luck!

:)

Btw.: an english HowTo can also be found under http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp.html

and new a friend from Mike now offers complete module kits with PCBs and electronic components: http://www.chris-elektronikseite.de/

Note that the prices are a higher than at Reichelt, but possibly more favorable than in your country.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest rhogben

any help with your new friends web site? :-/ Im having trouble with the check out page asking for payment type, is it bank transfer and cash on delivery? I am unsure what to put in the last box

which kits do you need from the site, Im still tyring to figure out the new design? for the midibox 64

it looks like 2 AIN's, 1 DOUT and DIN, 1 LTC and a CORE

what else will you need besides the kits, since all the electronic parts are included?

power supply, cables, bank stick, etc

Hi Rhogben,

I will talk with Mike/Christian, that they should improve the documentation about the kits. I agree with you, currently it's not clear which parts are coming with the kits, and which additional parts are necessary (Note: I'm not financially involved on the selling, so Mike and Christian have to take care for the websites by themself)

Yes, for a common MIDIbox64 2 AINX4, 1 DOUTX4, 1 DINX4, one CORE and optionally one LTC module is required. Also a JDM module if you don't already own a programmer. These kits cost 84 EUR in total + 15 EUR shipping. You can e.g. pay with eurocheque, this will cost +5 EUR due to bank transfer fees.

Remark for people in Germany: you can save about 20-40 EUR when you buy the components directly from Reichelt and the PCBs from Mike

Currently not available: LCD, bankstick, pots, faders, encoders, knobs, cables, plugs, cases, power supply.

It will be difficult to offer a dedicated power supply for every country, so this is something which has to be ordered locally.

Regarding pots (and encoders): Chris and Mike are trying to get some directly from ALPS

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi,

I just was on the Reichelt page and the electronic components for the core alone are over 25 €.

I just  ordered from Mike(last thursday) and typing the order for the core(over 80 pc.) at Reichelt´s page, was no fun(especially  if don´t have electronics knowlegde and several parts are not found).

Resulting for me in paying 6,50(pcb)+25€(components)!?!

Im located in germany and ordered the reichelt Katalog 2 weeks ago and online ordering of so much different parts sucks big time!

Thorsten, how do you order from Reichelt?

Thanks, Sascha

Thorsten,

I'm afraid my German _really_ sucks, so I was hoping you could answer a question or two for me.

If I order the boards from Christians site, do I get _all_ the discrete and active parts required? I can get cables, power supplies etc myself should be no trouble.

Also, as for payment. Is Eurocheck the only way? Wouldn't some sort of paypal based system be easier?

BTW - Thanks for a GREAT system Thorsten, keep us updated on the Parallel controllable motor faders, I have a big interest in fitting my studio with a 32 motor fader control surface  ;D

The kits include electronic components and the PCBs, so that you don't have to pay for shipping twice.

Mike has improved the Kit page in the last hours, there is also an english version available now (http://www.chris-elektronikseite.de) and a complete list of all parts, so that you don't have to buy a pig in a poke (http://www.chris-elektronikseite.de/parts.htm)

Buttons/LEDs/Pots/LCD will be listed soon.

Sascha: I order my components at Reichelt since 20 years and know all part numbers off by heart ;-) Searching on the website is far from efficiency, normaly I'm using the search function in combination with the catalogue

Rouchey: I think that your questions are answered with the new partlist and the english shop - applause for Mike who helps his friend Chris with the setup! :)

Payment: currently only direct bank transfers or eurocheques are possible; Mike & Chris don't own a credit card, which is necessary to setup a PayPal account in an european country... but hopefully PayPal is able to change this in the next months

Parallel Motorfaders: I will get the first prototype PCBs next week!  :D

Best Regards, Thorsten.

thats [glow=red,2,300]GREAT[/glow] news about the parallel motor faders - i'm Very excited about that!!!

I'll check mikes site in a minute...

One last litte thing (seeing as I have your attention!) - where can i get transport buttons and a shuttle wheel???

8)

thanks again

R

Yeah! my motor faders should turn up any day now. :o

Hey Thorsten, can we hope for individual touch control? (without needing the touch sensor?)

>Rochey: I dont know where to get transport buttons, but if you mean the play, stop, record etc like on a houston or similar, I am going to try to pick some up from a service centre for Roland, If I have any luck I'll let you know