Is anyone selling Programmed PIC 18f4685 sets for Wilba's MB_6582?

borfo

Are you sure that you fried it? Maybe only the mios/bootloader needs to flash again (http://www.ucapps.de/mios/mios_v1_9h.zip). Therefor you need to upload mios til 2 seconds after switch on! It should show READY afterwards… Please try it first.

Pay attention about yoir PIC Ids too. You have to chose the correct Id inside mios studio. It also possible to change the ids via http://www.ucapps.de/mios/change_id_v1_9g.zip

greetings,

rio

Edited by Rio

Thanks everyone - I'm not sure they're fried, but they're certainly corrupted, and the bootloaders on all of them are no good.  I think I overvolted the board while I was impatiently trying out some ill-considered power supply ideas after my commodore 64 psu arrived DOA.  I tried flashing one with an arduino PIC programmer circuit I found on the internet, and the burn failed.  

I've found someone local to borrow a Pickit 2 from and I'll try reflashing my existing PICs...  If that doesn't work I just bought four compatible PICs for cheap on eBay, so I should finally be able to get this thing working one way or another.

Hey ok, so did you test the PICs with MIOS Studio ? All I know, it’s hard to damage PICs… maybe the untouched ones give a livesign for their ID there. Maybe someone has experience with PICKit2 for that chips, if you stuck in any case...

I'm interested in the result, if it worked well with the pickit2…

Good luck, greetings rio

Edited by Rio

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, fcebreros said:

Hi,
the PICKit2 works, I have used a chinese version I got for under 20$  and had no problem. I couldn't find an easy way to change the ID's (but there is a way)
but had no problem changing the ID's afterwards with the MIOS tool.
Best
FC

What Operating System and software did you use to flash the PICs?  I'm having some trouble with mine - I posted in the SID forum about it.