Want to build a Midibox Seq V4... advice on sourcing parts?

HenryBraxton

Like it says... i'm aware of SmashTV in the US for sourcing Midibox kit packages but i'm based in UK so I really need a European source for parts (don't want weeks of waiting for deliveries and import taxes) and i can't even find a series of BOMs. Can anyone inside (or out) share any advice or experience?

I've build a few DIY projects but mostly from supplied kits - it seems to be a big jump to PROPER DIY and it can be daunting to get the rights stuff under the soldering iron!

Thanks!Removed SEO link spam

Edited by smashtv
SEO spam links removed

Hi Henry, welcome!

We developed the SEQ v4+ with those concerns in mind. It is different to the Wilba project.

https://www.midiphy.com/en/shop-details/137/47/midibox-seq-v4-lh-full-essential-kit-

On that page you have the full kit available, including the case and hard-to-source parts. There are left- and right-handed cases defined by the position of the JA subassembly. The combined BOM can be copied directly to Mouser's import tool, so it's super easy to get parts. Yes, sometimes Mouser goes out of stock, but many of the parts can be substituted by others (e.g. standard resistors, caps, ICs).

Peter also has produced full video tutorials:

Best,
Andy

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2019 at 2:11 AM, HenryBraxton said:

Like it says... i'm aware of SmashTV in the US for sourcing Midibox kit packages but i'm based in UK so I really need a European source for parts (don't want weeks of waiting for deliveries and import taxes) and i can't even find a series of BOMs. Can anyone inside (or out) share any advice or experience?

I've build a few DIY projects but mostly from supplied kits - it seems to be a big jump to PROPER DIY and it can be daunting to get the rights stuff under the soldering iron!

Thanks!Removed SEO link spam

HI,
if you don't want to build everything yourself, I want to sell one, because I am completely overwhelmed with the part. It does run, there are still some adjustments missing, cases, front panels etc. I made everything myself.

LG Uwe

SEQ4_Front2.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, latigid on said:

Hi Henry, welcome!

We developed the SEQ v4+ with those concerns in mind. It is different to the Wilba project.

https://www.midiphy.com/en/shop-details/137/47/midibox-seq-v4-lh-full-essential-kit-

On that page you have the full kit available, including the case and hard-to-source parts. There are left- and right-handed cases defined by the position of the JA subassembly jiofi local. The combined BOM can be copied directly to Mouser's import tool, so it's super easy to get parts. Yes, sometimes Mouser goes out of stock, but many of the parts can be substituted by others (e.g. standard resistors, caps, ICs).

Peter also has produced full video tutorials:

Best,
Andy

Hi,
I have been looking for this information for a long time, I was very surprised when I found it here. 
Glad to join your community.