A few MidiBox 16 Questions

Guest tristan_vdv

Guest tristan_vdv

Hey,

I have a few questions about the MIDI box that I wasn't  able to fully answer from the webpage.

1. The 8 'MIDI Triggers', are these buttons that send out MIDI messages just like the pots do? (except for the fact that the switches only have two states)

2. What are the 16 Banks?

Thanks a lot. Sorry if their dumb questions

Hello-

The push-button triggers are assignable just like the potentiomenters. Yes they do send just like the pots, but only in two states.

The 16 banks are the different configurations you have set up on your midi box.

Ex. One bank has been taught for a setup for a mixing    board, and the second bank could have completely different controller numbers assigned to each pot for a different synthesizer. It is like calling up different programs on a keyboard, or synth module.

Hello there,

By default the 16 banks on midibox 16 are assigned as follows:

bank 1 to bank 8 channel 1 cc from 0 to 127 in segments of 16

bank 9 to 16 channels 1 -16 with cc from 1 to 7 constant in each bank eg bank9 cc 0 channel 1-16

if you are using cubase sx there is a ready to use script in http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/d-gramma/Index.mht

M$ internet explorer needed :(

Guest tristan_vdv

Thanks guys, one further question about the MIDI Triggeres.

I want to use them as kill switches for EQs (im using the midibox for mixing). What kind of buttons would i use? ie a push button?

What is sent in regard to the midi Triggeres? is the state sent on every change? ie if u switch from open to closed will it send say 127 (for a CC) and then when u move from closed to open will it send 0?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Tristan,

yes, you should use simple Push buttons, the functional behaviour of the button can be changed in the MIDI Learn menu (or with the MIDIbox editor): "On/Off value" (it's like in your description), "On value only" and "Toggle".

Best Regards, Thorsten.