MIOS32 - Compile error after fresh install of the toolchain

jujule

Hello everyone,

I am completely new to MIDIbox. I am trying to get the first tutorial to compile under Ubuntu 18.04 for Core 32 STM32F4 and get the following error message :

> make -s

Creating object file for strtol.c

/home/sojastar/Documents/Programmation/MIOS32/mios32/programming_models/traditional/strtol.c:147:19: error: expected ')' before '(' token

_DEFUN (_strtol_r, (rptr, nptr, endptr, base),

^~ 

)

This is from a fresh ( probably faulty ) install of the toolchain : I first cloned the git repo for MIOS32 then installed the latest arm toolchain following these instructions : https://gnu-mcu-eclipse.github.io/toolchain/arm/install/ I did add the toolchain path to my PATH.

Any advice or pointer would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

Julien

do you compile a standard app? or some own programmed? (> you get that message by every app you want to compile?)

(i also use ubuntu - and for me its always pain in the ass - to get it running > all the librarys you have to install... luckely i dont have to fresh install my OS only once a few years...)

Hey Phatline,

Thanks for the quick answer.

No, I just tried to compile the first tutorial project in apps/tutorials/001_forwarding_midi and the app skeleton in apps/templates/app_skeleton. Both projects give the same error.

Thanks,

Julien

Problem solved. I left a comment in the GitHub issue but here is a copy of it for convenience :

I installed the toolchain found here : http://www.midibox.org/mios32_toolchain/ ( as I should have from the beginning but I got wary when I saw it was last updated in 2013 ) and everything works fine now but for a few warnings.

Apparently the newer arm toolchain doesn't define the _DEFUN,  _AND and _CONST macros ( and a bunch of other ones too ) in _ansi.h.