For Sale - kinda cheap too! MB6582 Panelkit (julianf) + Soldered CS PCB

technobreath

Yo! See picture.

Finally decided to part with a way-too-long-ongoing project. A little history about this piece of crap... I started this project many years ago. I was gonna have a SID synthesizer, and I was gonna have the best SID synthesizer. So I bought the sexy junk in the attached picture. Full of energy, I started to put this together. This was finally going to happen. But as it usually works - sometimes life takes some turns here and there that is not exactly planned for. Suddenly, there was kids. Then a larger old house (piece-of-shit) suddenly was mine - or rather the bank's :D hehe. Needless to say, this house was the perfect for me and my family. It was located in a very nice place, and needed a lot of renovation. Actually a lot of renovation can't really start to describe how much renovation it needed.

So I created the Technobreath's Legendary Box Of Shame.

This is where I put all the midibox projects (well mostly midibox projects). This is the box that was gonna look at me, one day, when I was finished working on the house renovation. It was gonna look at me from the shelf there with it's big strict eyes telling me to start pick stuff out of it and finish it.

Yeah... As I don't respond well to threaths, the box has been sitting there - giving me the most evil eyes you can think of - and I have just given it the evil eye right back.

So this is how it's gonna be. My face is getting wrinkled, and my hair is turning gray from all those evil looks I've been giving that box. Now - gray hair is something that I usually welcome - it's how it is. One gets older and older. And with the gray hair comes WISDOM! Which brings me to the damn point!

I'm getting rid of this piece of shit. It's been nothing but trouble for me. It doesn't make me happy anymore.

Hehe - to be a bit serious tho. I'm selling this also because my SID build has taken another direction. I no longer have any need for a CS like this.
What you see in the picture is what you get. There is obviously NOT 2x PCBs. It's a picture of front and back so you can see what it looks like.

It has been put together, and put in the box. Never been used or abused. The panels obviously need a bit cleaning (finger marks here and there which will wash away). But there are no scratches or any other dings in it that I can see. It is as u see. PCB has all components (iirc - so check it yourself) soldered.

The PCB is bought from SmashTV's midibox shop back in the day.
The panel kit is bought from julianf (which should really speak for itself when it comes to quality - this is professional stuff!)
The encoders is bought from SmashTV. I have taken away the ball inside all of them except the menu encoder, so they are smooth - not clicky.
All other components - LEDs, switches and the rest is noname brand bought off ebay.

The only catch here, is that I have never had the chance to test it, as I never finished that build.

The stuff is located in southern Norway, and I can ship to anyone who wants it. Obviously you need to pay for the shipping. This is not included in the price I want for it which is:

99 PayPal Euros!

The way I came up with this price was like this. I took a look at the current prices for these items new. Then I took away one kadam to honor the midibox community, whos concept this is. :). This means, New price today, sliced that a bit off for good measure, never added the components to the cost - so they are free. Since it's never been used, even tho it's aged a bit, it has aged very nicely, so I think that's a fair way to do it, without totally killing julianf's panel sales.

I also have a large box of knobs. I believe the 6582 originally was designed with the Waldorf knobs in mind. I have various colors, and I can throw in enough of those to make this even more complete if you are interested. I need a symbolic amount of money for those.

TLDR:
For sale. 99 euros. Can add waldorfs, paypal. Sold as is, untested. Buyer pays shipping and any other costs related to import.

Drop me a message under here if you are interested in this piece of history. Well my history at least hehe. For ithat to be as transparent as possible, I will not accept PMs on this. It's only fair that everyone can see what's going on. First one that wants this will get it. After an agreement is reached, buyer will pay immediately. I have very low tolerance for BS. Shipping will be done only when full payment is in my paypal account, and it will be shipped within a couple of days after payment. If you by any chance feels that the price is to high - please - don't hesitate to make me an offer. I want this sinking stone gone! :).

panelkitforsalejpeglowres.jpg

Edited by technobreath

Hey.

See screenshot I made from a bank's currency conversion calculator. I strongly recommend that you choose the tracked shipping option, as there will be no security for your investment if something were to happen to the shipment or it "disappears" during transit.

The package is packed up and ready to go today, as soon as everything is in order. It is approx. 600g. We can take this further in PM since it will involve more sensitive info. 

Also if you have any wished to what is to be written on the package to make it simpler for the infamous German zoll, let me know. I'd rather not write the value of it lower than it actually is though. 

I will also provide you with pictures of recites and shipping/tracking, info so everything is transparent - in PM of course :D.

/technobreath

shippingcost6582panelkit+pcb.jpg

Sold to CJ55.

Thank you very much for a pleasant deal. If there was a seller/buyer feedback system here like Ebay, I would say

Fast payment. No bs at all. No communication troubles. Would be happy to deal with you again any time!