MidiBox DAW Controller

totoRaymond

HI Everyone,

Just a quick update, it's been a while since last one but Covid plus a child got in the way :rolleyes:.

I also had to rebuild my CNC router from scratch last winter in order to make the front panels.

So, the front panels are slowly getting done, and i can finally add thing to the mock-up chassis i made a year ago. (Pictures attached)

I hope all the front panels will be finished next week so i'll be able to start debugging the config files.

I also still need to find a way to properly label my buttons caps.

Cheers,

Thomas

20210910_084821.resized.jpg

20210910_084842.resized.jpg

Edited by totoRaymond

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone!

Quick update here.

I finally finished my controller and installed it in my small control-room. Here it is.

Console_in_place.resized.thumb.jpg.67e49965407f3fbbac4d812786d2bc03.jpg

close-up.resized.thumb.jpg.c438af2d23545b59d7da18691f382c2e.jpg

I really like the way it turned out, i'm working with it since 2 weeks now, and it's a real bonus to the ergonomics.

It still have room for improvements but that was expected and i will continue to work on it in the next future.

I'd like to thank everyone on this forum who helped me build this and a BIG thanks to TK and all the midibox team. Without this place I would have never been able to even start this project.

Cheers,

Thomas

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 1:23 PM, Therezin said:

That looks the business, well done.

What's the deal with the upside-down monitor?

Hi Therezin,

I mounted the monitor upside-down because of the viewing angle.

This specific monitor has been designed to be looked at from above. It's actually pretty good from around 10° to 90°, but from 95° to 180°, the visibility is very bad. Therefore i had to reverse it so when i seat behind my desk, i'm in the good range.

Let me know if this explanation is not clear enough, it's pretty hard to describe in a foreign language.

Thomas

• Like 1