Trigger Outs - 4ms

oozitron

I am building a tr-606 sound module that requires 4ms triggers, but of course I want to trigger it from my MIDIBox (V4) sequencer.

Is there some way to adjust the trigger length of the DOUT via configuration?

Or has anyone built a circuit to extend the triggers to 4ms (with CD4016 chips) that they could share?

thanks!
Andrew

I found a "pulse stretcher" circuit on the MFOS page, but I don't know what res/cap values would be correct and I don't have a scope :-(

Any suggestions on the value for those two components so a 4ms trigger would result?

Andrew

pulse-stretch.png

Edited by oozitron

The clock pulse can be varied in ms steps, but the triggers are either gate or 1ms. Does it work to use "gates" instead? Often a trigger input will react on the rising edge. If it's the falling edge though, then a gate wouldn't help.

I had a quick look through the code, but I couldn't find an obvious solution. Clocks are different to triggers, as the timing is always consistent relative to the master tempo. 

Same!
It seems the DOUT triggers can be enabled in the hardware config file by "DOUT_1MS_TRIGGER" then the variable seq_hwcfg_dout_gate_1ms is set from this text command but I don't find where this variable is used, so I can tell how this is used, even less how to change its length.
I think we have to call @TK. for that, he's the only one who can explain how and what is doable.

Best
Bruno

• 3 weeks later...