Ainser64 configuration

macsaif

This is not a big problem, because I can add one Ainser8 module in higher resolution. The problem is that I need an additional 16 AOUTs. Other solution will be that I set all the inputs for higher resolution, but in that case I will have problem with jittering of all AINs. In 8 bit resolution rhe jittering is not an issue but in 10bit mode it will ne. 

Edited by macsaif

Hello

You don't need a second one ! assuming you talk about midi resolution ?

Set your AINSER module at 11bit in NG, and set event type= according to your requested resolution (7 or 14bit)

NG should scale

1 hour ago, macsaif said:

but in that case I will have problem with jittering of all AINs

With proper design and dedicated ref regulator you should go up to 11bit

Best

Zam

The control panel is 90cm wide. Some pots will be 70cm from the 4051. Most probably I will do the connection with moltiwire flat cable directly from potentiometers to the AINSER board. Do you think can I manage this distance and solution without jittering in 11bit mode? 

Is there a possibility to manage 1 Ainser64 board and 16 Aouts by one STM32 board (MBNG)? 

Hello

Can't say... you have to try in your design

Here I run aprox 35cm wire and trace from 10 to 25cm, with 3 connector in the path, from pot to AINSER input pin

Vref have dedicated regulation.

No jitter at 11bit

Side note, I use AINSER8, no multiplexing, can't say what is the noise introduced by switching nor if there is some.

IIRC you can chain AOUT up to 4 TLV (32 out) with a single RC line,

so yes, 64in/16out is possible at J19

Best

Zam

I think that I will make 2 AIN modules, one AINSER64 to connect the less important pots with 8 bit reolution and one AINSER8 to connect the high resolution pots (VCF freq, VCO detuning, LFO freq). The AINSER64 is tested with longer cables(80cm) in 8 bit, and no jittering. 

The J19 has 2 chip select bits. How can I connect the additional 16 DOUTs? I will need them, so I have to findnit out. Is there any manual there?