Change default track setup globally or per session

Dimduj

Hi 

I’ve a midibox seq v4+ and one thing I struggle with is that each time I switch to a new  pattern I have to reconfigure all the tracks setup (midi port, midi channel, track length).

i probably miss something but is there a way to define the track setup globally or even better, per session ?

i try to search on the wiki, and on the forum but didn’t have any luck 

i don’t mind editing some files directly on the SD card if it is the way to go but all I’ve tried do not works:/

thx for any suggestions 

dimitri

Edited by Dimduj

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dimitri,

there are two ways how you can achieve this:

• store/restore the track setup as a PRESET: Menu->Evnt, and then PRESET with GP Button #15
  • or store an entire setup as a session, and if you would like to use it as a template for another session, just use the "Save As" function

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...

Thx for the answer TK ! 
I already use the PRESET ad a default SESSION  for the initial setup and it works easily .

What puzzle me is  he fact that

• I have to reselect the PRESET each time I go to a new pattern.
  • If I change my mind about some instrument config (the channel for example) I've to edit each pattern to reflect that change 

Is this the expected behaviour or am i missing something ?
I would expect that if I choose an instrument (PRESET) for a track It will be use for every new pattern unless I choose another instrument (PRESET) for a specific pattern?

Are PRESET defined per track or per pattern ?

Maybe the  'Save & Take over' feature could be a workaround for my first issue.

Sorry for the late reply but i try to avoid asking super dumb newbie question and  it took me times to explore the features and make a correlation between user manual with Wilba workflow and the new Midipy workflow;)

Thx again for the support and congrats for this amazing piece of hardware I really enjoy it !!!

Take care

• 3 months later...

Did you find a solution to this? I had my Seq for some years, and I always find the exact situation you describe unnecessarily complicated. I guess most people will assign a function to a track that'll stay the same in every session. Being able to "init" every pattern to have the same assignments would make life a lot easier. I actually work around it by switching Option 11/33: "Paste and Clear button will modify: Only steps VS. Complete Track". I then switch it back and just clear the sequence content in a next step.