XYZ-IR-Dome Controller (alesis photonX)

Phatline

hey.

i started a wiki:

http://wiki.midibox.org/doku.php?id=xyz-ir-controller

its the last peace of my Photon X25 Midification... it could be the hardest part...

the Controller uses one IR-LED as Sender, and 4 IR Transistors to receive the Axis (while Z-Axis is some Delta of all 4 Transistors)

I painted all Traces on the PCB, and the Circuit is pretty Simple:

large.XYZ-PCB-all.jpg.e5cf0abc3577a9c817

the datasheet of the ICs says that the uses a 24Bit Audio Stereo ADC from Alesis which runs on Wordclock.... (still aviable for 2,9dollars...)

http://wiki.midibox.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=phatline:al1101-datasheet.pdf

i defintivly have no glue how or if there is a way to interface that to the Midiboxworld...,

...maybe i will end up by removeing the ADCs, and go directly in J5A of Core32F4...

but maybe i understand something completely wrong... it could be that the LED send some Signal (not just ON all the time), maybe its necessery, maybe not...

how ever, i ask you for help, or your thougts. - mike

Edited by Phatline

ok, the LED gets 4,6VDC on its Circuit and 2,5VDC direct on the LED... it is Switched by DOUT, (so it only Lights when the XYZ Dome is activeted  on the UI)

maybe they switch the LEDs on of frequently, to find out what is ambient infrared Radiation in the room, and make some software offset... i dont know

Edited by Phatline