midiphy Trusted Builder Program

Hawkeye

Hola,

while trying to offer build/video instructions as good as we can make them :), we sometimes still receive requests from customers who cannot build their own devices for whatever reason (could be time restrictions, medical reasons, general fear of 1206 SMT parts, bad eyesight or an angry spouse swinging a rolling pin :)).

We also know, that there are some advanced builders in the these forums, that would like to offer their "build services" on a commission basis for such interested parties, of course with their work time compensated by the purchasing party.

Basically, this commission work already happened for quite a few general MIDIbox projects in the past and also midiphy project builds more recently. Therefore we'd like to introduce a somewhat more clarified process, with a set of liberal recommended rules, that should make sense to protect everyone involved.

We also spoke with @TK. about it and he agreed, that it would be a good idea.

Thus we'd like to establish the "midiphy Trusted Builders Program":

df66c6a02bb632fb45e9b82a9dcb1a0b.jpg

https://www.midiphy.com/en/builders/

If you'd like to apply, the contract would be always between you as a builder and the purchasing party and therefore you could legally of course define any contract you want :), but these are the minimum terms we'd highly recommend to agree upon:

* Payment modalities must be negotiated before any work starts. It is typical for the purchasing party to pay the full sum (parts & work) upfront, including any shipping of parts to the builder.

* The builder might request that you purchase the parts from the web shop and have the web shop ship directly to them.

* The builder might suggest a quid pro quo arrangement e.g. buying one or more sets of parts in lieu of payment for labor costs.

* We recommend to exchange the postal address data of builder and the purchasing party before a deal is made.

* A timeframe for the work should be negotiated upfront and the builder should agree to photograph "milestones" of the progress.

* The builder must provide email support and a warranty for technical/hardware issues for at least one year after the completed unit is delivered to the purchasing party.

* Products sent via parcel service should be fully insured against loss and tracked to ensure successful delivery.

* A contract is formed between the builder and purchaser; midiphy is not legally involved in the transaction except for sending parts or other materials to the builder.

If you are interested in becoming a trusted builder and if you agree to the terms above, you can send us an email at shop@midiphy.com. After checking, and if the experience level is high enough :), we'd add you to the published list of builders. Your email address is also safe, first communications from interested buyers is done through a "feedback form" on the web page, so your email address is not listed publicly.

Michael "menzman" Menze (who already built a few v4+s) volunteered to be the first official builder, so you could see what data would be published on the page. In general, it would be a picture of you and a short bio, and then up to four photos of projects you worked on or things you've published (e.g. artist work, written words, photos, articles).

Hope you like this new program!

Best regards and have a good weekend!
Andy and Peter

Hi Guys!

Well done!
Peter, it's sometimes frustrating not being able to give you a "like" ;)

Question: Is it possible to reuse the box of the SEQ V4+ Casing you send and place a built Sequencer inside? I don't remember how mine was.

Have a good WE too!

Bruno

Edited by Antichambre

Thanks, Bruno!

Indeed, the packaging your SEQ v4+ kit arrived in is adjustable - if you cut the bottom tape section and fold the bottom outwards, you can make the case a bit taller, so it protects the increased height of the assembled v4+ with the encoders and caps installed better!

Do you want to be a trusted builder? You'd be very welcome to join, just send a PM/email, in that case!

Best regards and stay safe!
Peter

It is tempting. :)
I would still like to limit the area to France and perhaps French-speaking Belgium.
It makes sense to limit the final shipment, it may even be added as a suggestion to your program ?
Something like: "If possible, prefer a local manufacturer, to limit the ecological impact a bit and provide suitable support if English is not a confortable language for one or both contractors."

I am safe and not in France ;) but the question for me is whether I can go home once my work is done ...

Best Regards
Bruno

Hi Bruno,

yes, focusing on the own geographic region makes sense and is encouraged - as you said, local trusted builders help to reduce shipping costs, import tax, language barriers..., if you want to join, we'd gladly recommend you for the France/Belgium region.

Hope you can get home safely.

Many greets,
Peter

Welcome aboard @slo, thanks a lot for joining up! :)

@Antichambre hope you managed to get home before the eurozone lockdown. If you want to apply for the french speaking countries only, no problem, you'd be very welcome to join.

It seems like we're in for a bit of soldering in the next weeks, time to finish all those unfinished projects :).

Stay safe, everyone!
Best regards,
Peter

37 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

@Antichambre hope you managed to get home before the eurozone lockdown.

The Schengen lock-down is mainly terrestrial, by plane there's only restrictions for some countries like Italy China etc... I'm still in Tanzania and it does not apply from here for the moment, my flight is on Sunday, KLM told us they continue to fly, I saw one of this blue bird in the sky today so seems true and it should be fine, just a transit in Amsterdam then my own country can't refuse me, I hope! ;)

If you want to apply for the french speaking countries only, no problem, you'd be very welcome to join.

Yes i think I will do, just let me come back home and write some presentation words...

It seems like we're in for a bit of soldering in the next weeks, time to finish all those unfinished projects :).

If authorities do not put me in quarantine, my girl will do it for sure ;). HAARP, Euro format and dipCoreF4 PCBA should arrive next week normally, so I'm in for a bit of soldering next week. I hope too ;)

Best regards
Bruno

Edited by Antichambre