AOUT CV pitch- seqV4

escargot

starting to use my seqv4 AOUT CV/gate with some modules, but i'm having troubles with octave matchings, getting way higher pitch in CV than midi on the same OSC (matriarch oscs can be played both in midi or CV).

thanks for your help

20 hours ago, latigid on said:

Maybe the AOUT isn't calibrated or the Moog uses something different than 1 V/oct? I remember something like that for the Voyager or similar.

What AOUT setup are you using?

not too sure what AOUT setup i have (@Altitude?) 

It is probably a calibration setup of the AOUT, but there is not much info on the manual on how to set it up properly.

CV config- Calibr- what do you use and in which case? 

also module- what is Aout/ Aout-LC/ Aout-NG/ MCP_Gx1? 

thanks

sorry just found out that calibration was probably to calibrate external gear. 

checking on my scope, 1V output from AOUT is showing correctly 1V on scope. so it is probably the way my modules are setup then....

anyone run into those issues before? 

thanks

the Seq outputs +5v with the generic C-3 which first comes when entering a note manually. 

via midi C-3 seems to trigger moog's middle C. (the note which sends 0V when sending via moog's keyboard CV out)

do I just need an octave shifter and mults? annoying... 

thanks all for your input. I've gone back to @Altitude who built my seq and figured out that i asked him to build unipolar CV 0-10v. I was a noob at the time and didn't understand much in cv/gate stuff. I managed to change the polarities on the AOUT trims to have now bipolar output and trim down my gates which were super hot as at the time i was sequencing a roland system100. Glad i sorted this aout!