Newbie questions

anonyme-x22

Hi,

First of all, i would like to tell that this web site is marvellous in terms of diy.gears.

I was looking for an elektron sid station, but as you know no more spare part are provided by the company as technical documents, and the price was/is to high for what it is!

I've looked from alternative solution and it's seems that in the diy world, this one is the more versatile solution.

Questions:

There are several engine mode, but i'm interested in the expander like mode (Sid station, tx81z, sy77, etc..)

- Does the device has this mode? (it's seems that this the multi mode)

I would like to use it with a daw (cubase) for sequencing, a midi controller for real time editing (sysex), and with this one also the on-board reel time control.

Also it's seems that the device come with 8 sids!

It is possible to do 8*3, 12 midi tracks, with 12 independent voice (each voice has his instrument except for the common parameters) ?

It's seems that the multimode handle only 2 sid, but it can have 4 core, so it's unclear for me.

Is it also possible to mix voices (eg: midi track 1 control voice 1-6-12) ?

Does the midi out, thru, device model, id, control channel are implemented to chain it with other expander without communication issues specially for the sysex ?

Is it possible to work with sysex for the device operation (load/save bank/instruments, common parameters,etc) ?

Also it's seems that there is a sequencer, and several software add-ons (lfo, etc?), does the device can control itself and other expander like a 12 track sequencer ?

Is there some people making device ready to sell ?

Thanks in advance,

Have a good day,

Rgds,

Edited by anonyme-x22