Accessing an SD Card via hardware controls?

m.str

I was wondering about if/how it is possible to access different .ngc files on an SD card without using the MIOS Studio "detour". My setup consists of the STM32F4 and two external, bidirectionally connected, MIDI hardware elements, one of which is supposed to be used to control the other. The configuration of this setup is obviously defined by NGC/NGR/NGL files. I use a bunch of different ones (can be called from an omni-accessible "main"-screen) for the same setup, but if I want to choose an entirely different configuration setup I would do so by entering "load xy" in the MIOS Studio terminal.

I would like to avoid that and set up a kind of "configuration" menu from which I can somehow choose between different .ngc files which I can load to the core the same way I would do by typing in "load xy" in the MIOS terminal. The goal here is to load different control files to control various hardware devices. If anyone has ever done anything like that I would love to hear how you guys accomplished that!

Hello

You can load files with LOAD command in .NGR

And you can call the section with load command via an event in .NGC (meta=runsection) which can be a button.

Now if you use let say an encoder with value change or a radiogroup button you can define a value to a dummy LED (NGC), value that can be the condition for each config you want to load.

if value =1 load X

if value =2 load Y

You'll have to do this at all .NGC/.NGR you'll hypothetically load, to be able to "navigate" from and to each config files

Best

Zam

Hey Zam, thanks for the reply!

On 23.7.2020 at 1:20 PM, Zam said:

You'll have to do this at all .NGC/.NGR you'll hypothetically load, to be able to "navigate" from and to each config files

This is actually what I was wondering about.. I was hoping for a way to let the hardware scan the SD card for .NGC files. I thought that maybe by sticking to a pre-defined structuring, for example putting the ngc/ngl/ngr files (belonging to one target platform) into one folder, which would also be a standard procedure I guess, I could make one of the sd card functions in app.c or in mbng_file.c (I really did not quite get how the SD card handling works to be honest..) look for these paths and then print out the names of these folders on my display.

On 23.7.2020 at 1:20 PM, Zam said:

Now if you use let say an encoder with value change or a radiogroup button you can define a value to a dummy LED (NGC), value that can be the condition for each config you want to load.

If the approach I was going for is impossible to implement, then i will defintely will go for this solution!

Greetings,

Micha