Ways to add menu items

tago

Hi,

i'd like to add some pages for various parameters to the menu. Those parameters will be normal midi parameter/CC and should send midi events.

It seems like the current menu system is directly coded in C. Is there a way to add menu items or submenus per config file (NGC for example)?

Thanks in advance

Hi @m.str

yes i've considered banks, but think that isn't what i really want. Does banking display the items of each bank in the display like a normal menu without the need of dedicated hardware controls? As i understand it, it can build banks of hardware inputs (ie 8 encoders in a row).

Thanks

Are you talking about the NG LCD display? If so, I can not tell for sure because I use displays on other MIDI hardware controllers..

But there it works. Add the bank=x parameter to the designated EVENT_* commands and that should be it actually

I've tried banking 8 pots and get little bars for each event on the second line of the display, but can't find a way to display the corresponding labels and change the values just using the menu encoder.

I think i need something like an generic EVENT without any hardware control associated to it.